Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Mid air pogo pressing s  (Read 4207 times)
Maggot

I cry in the corner when I see one of Mikes videos
Hey guys I am having a problem right now with mid air pogoing and it involves pressing s. When I land the second sticky I will go too fast and what goes through my head is "man I need to slow down". So I end up pressing s, but when i do i'll usually slow down and not land the third sticky so I was wondering if you have to push s if you're going to fast or just don't push it at all. If I do so please explain how much I have to slow down. If not then I will probably just keep finding ways on how too slow down.

---------------------------
Pro Tip: There will always be some one better than you.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
You will need to tap S. The amount that you tap S as well as where you're aiming your stickies can vary so hugely that it's extremely difficult to write a comprehensive airpogo guide (this is why there aren't really any even though there are some very good demo jumpers in tf2jump).

Basically, bash your head against this until you succeed.

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
You will need to tap S. The amount that you tap S as well as where you're aiming your stickies can vary so hugely that it's extremely difficult to write a comprehensive airpogo guide (this is why there aren't really any even though there are some very good demo jumpers in tf2jump).

Basically, bash your head against this until you succeed.

EXACTLY this!
I'm going to sticky this thread so we don't get a constant supply of air pogo threads.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Oh also start with all the other forms of demo pogoing first. Airpogo last.

Offline  MIKE`
Fly

it's also not just hitting s. a lot of the time, you're only going so fast because you shot your sticky in the wrong place. if you're getting way too much speed, you probably shot it too high, so it's hitting you in the back causing much more forward momentum and less height. when you get a good rhythm going (like the jumps you see in videos where someone air pogos 6+ times or so) the amount of s tapping is usually pretty minimal.

just some food for thought

Fly

Sheep
u dont have to press S in every airpogo .. if u get perfect speed pressing S will make u fall down

Soldier

i think a really good way would be to make a video just a video with skeys and cl_showpos 1 where you airpogo...
like last jump on jump_over_beta and some jumps where you dont need to "left klick right klick".
cl_showpos 1 just to show how fast you are going it should be easier then and skeys...showing keys pressed^^

Offline  Tom_
Maggot

it's also not just hitting s. a lot of the time, you're only going so fast because you shot your sticky in the wrong place. if you're getting way too much speed, you probably shot it too high, so it's hitting you in the back causing much more forward momentum and less height. when you get a good rhythm going (like the jumps you see in videos where someone air pogos 6  times or so) the amount of s tapping is usually pretty minimal.

just some food for thought

i think a really good way would be to make a video just a video with skeys and cl_showpos 1 where you airpogo...
like last jump on jump_over_beta and some jumps where you dont need to "left klick right klick".
cl_showpos 1 just to show how fast you are going it should be easier then and skeys...showing keys pressed^^

Here is a video which I think is a good example of the "rhythm" and minimal pressing of s due to good sticky placement. I cbf redoing it with skeys or showpos. and I dont think they would help much, it just takes practice and getting the feel for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewQGSsfayaw
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 10:31:23 PM by Tom_ »

Soldier

Here is a video which I think is a good example of the "rhythm" and minimal pressing of s due to good sticky placement. I cbf redoing it with skeys or showpos. and I dont think they would help much, it just takes practice and getting the feel for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewQGSsfayaw

maybe you are right. otherwise it is a good way to show the tapping s i think with skeys it should be clearer and some dont know when they should tap s before you detonate your next sticky ect...
showpos is needed, because how can you control what you did wrong if you dont know how fast you are going?

Offline  Kaboom!
Maggot

I myself have been jumping for about 2 month's now with soldier. But started about 2 week's ago with demoman. I can nail the double airpogo and sometimes a tripple. The best tip i can give is to tap 's' when you feel like you have to much speed. And then shoot and detonate. When it feel's right. Demoman airpogo is hard to get the timing's right to. Demoman airpogo should alway's come last in the learning process. First you should learn speed pogo,wallpogo,Vertical climb. Best tip out there is: PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

Good luck!

Offline  St0rmy
Maggot

I have a question. When you are regular pogoing as a demoman you have 1 sticky out at all times, but on a jump in Raiin's jump_what video, he goes to 1 to 0 to 1 to 0 and not 2 to 1.
I have been using 2 to 1 so im not sure what the pattern to place stickies in when you are in the air.
Could somebody help me with the rythym of placing stickies?

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

Crouched airpogo is 1 to 0, 1 to 0.
Uncrouched airpogo is 2 to 1, 2 to 1.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
No, you can have both with both crouch and uncrouch

That's why airpogo is hard, the timing is so tricky

Offline  St0rmy
Maggot

I play uncrouched but I mean I have been using 2 to 1 and it doesnt work as well. I dont really know, if anybody can go in depth about what I should do that would be great.

EDIT: I mean what do most people use? Crouched or Uncrouched?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:12:04 PM by St0rmy »

Soldier

most people do both because you need both. the only way to learn airpogo is try to find the timing for yourself and the aim.
2-1-2-1 is easier because you can constantly left and right click.
1-0-1-0 is a lot harder because you need to time it correctly.
if you crouch in airpogo you get more speed and so on more distance but you have to s tap if you want to do 2-1-2-1 or get aim and timing to 1-0-1-0 its pretty hard to find it for yourself and some jumps do require both. try it out.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC