Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mid air pogo pressing s  (Read 4207 times)
Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
From the time I've airpogo'd, crouched will typically have 1 sticky out at any one time, but eventually you'll start to lose speed, so much so that the stickies you fire will outrun you, so you'll need to fire a second sticky before you det the first one to ensure it will explode under you and not in front of you, after which you can continue the fire-det, fire-det pattern.

You can see this in Skeleton's/X_DIAS' Flying Like a Boss movie in one of the last few jumps on jump_what where he's going for the intel.

For uncrouched, I've never come across a situation where I'm firing after detonating, as in, only have 1 sticky out at all times. Maybe someone can enlighten me on this, I don't think the boost you get from uncrouched allows for crouched-like firing/deting.

The timing isn't necessary everything, where you aim is also very important, if you aim too high up, the sticky will hit you too high and you'll either plummet to the ground or go forward much faster than you would want.

---------------------------

Maggot

I dont wan't to sound dumb and repetitive, but here we go: how does this air pogo thing works? I've been practicing it for a week, but don't know even if I'm starting the jump correctly. Do you set a sticky on the floor, and before det it, send another forward, or set one on the ground, jump -> det and then send another on air, based on the actual speed/height?

Not sure if air pogo combo is meant to be done pressing S or precisely aiming the next air sticky with proper timing. Already watched many dudes air pogoing and tried myself, but I cant get clear how it is supposed to be done.

basically: idk the correct key presses timing and stuff

~ pewpewpew ~

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
I dont wan't to sound dumb and repetitive, but airpogo includes all that stuff.
You can do crouch, uncrouch, shoot before detonate, detonate before shooting, time stickies, slow yourself to time, double air sticky, and all of those combined.

Maggot

Oh right, I see. So, air pogo is a trial and error trick, I suppose ...
Disabling viewmodel can help any? Thx for replying!

~ pewpewpew ~

Offline  ~LeoFLT
Fly

Smoke w33d everyday
Viewmodels are pure preference vinil, and airpogo its alot more about being precise than lucky.

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC