Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jump_früh  (Read 693 times)
Maggot

that is grammatically, incorrect.
So I've decided to make a map, and there are lots of things wrong with it, but i want to give it to you guys
to test it out and decide for yourselves on a scale of 1 to 10 how good it is. (tell me on steam chat or in the replies)

Its going to have problems in it like floating objects in the skybox (i don't know how to fix)

brief explanation of why i named this map jump_früh...
so in German (because i like studying German) früh means early, and i made the lighting in this map kind of like the morning i don't really know how to make it morning in source sdk with the light_environment. It looks like its transitioning from evening to night.

If there are any problems with the map, for Ex. it crashes. Please notify me so I can fix it.

Link:   http://www.mediafire.com/?j2di1k16zhn2jrd

If you want to tell me how much it sucks or how much it rocks, tell me in steam chat, rather than a reply (because I don't go on this website to often)(I try)
thanks for participating if you do.

oh yea and watch out for sharks
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:57:12 PM by FEARthexDino »

---------------------------
rofl waffles

Maggot

3-2 seems broken, the ramps don't slide anything, they just stop you without any sliding action

I haven't found any other bugs or concerns yet other than a few places being too dark, but I like a lot of the jumps.

edit: 3-5 crashes the game with no error message
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 12:35:38 AM by Frenchyfry »

Rocketman

1-2: Raise teleport a bit, I get stuck in the floor.
1-6 (final): Missing teleport along black slope?

The teledouble > teledouble on course 2 is a little ehhh spacing.  If you hit your first double well, you'll have too much speed upward and pass through maintaining momentum upwards so that you can't hit the second double.

Teleports on pogos seem a little high, going quickly ends up dropping you too low.

@Frenchyfry, the first one as you walk off isn't supposed to auto-slide you.  You're supposed to land on the red, while syncing a double on the gray ramp in order to get pushed forward.  Think pagoda last. Second ramp, the sliding or not is just TF2 being TF2 and not liking your angle/speed.

3-5 crashes the game with no error message confirmed. Happens to me too.

Maggot

@Frenchyfry, the first one as you walk off isn't supposed to auto-slide you.  You're supposed to land on the red, while syncing a double on the gray ramp in order to get pushed forward.  Think pagoda last. Second ramp, the sliding or not is just TF2 being TF2 and not liking your angle/speed.

ah I was thinking it was like the jump_heaven sync onto the ramp into the water, guess I watched too much quba stream yesterday  ???

Offline  duppy
Fly

Hmm, 5th jump on the right-most entry door (red) makes my game consistently crash.  The 4th jump before that one also has a teleport that takes you to the 4th jump on the blue (cyan) difficulty jumps.  Also, when someone "captures" the points the sound is really loud like it's playing the same sound 10 times at the same exact moment.  There's probably more bugs, but I gave up after it crashed tf2 3 times (normally tf2 is very very stable for me).

Really horribly constructed map, but there were some jumps that were kinda interesting to do, so hopefully you can fix it.

Fly

life aint all, sunshine and rainbows
meh id have to say a 6 most of the jumps are bugged and that u looks like a smiley face thats why i rated so high

---------------------------
Intel(R)Celeron(R)CPUG550 @ 2.60 GHz --- 12.0 GB RAM
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB Graphics Card
x64 Bit

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC