Forums

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Defrag - looking for testers  (Read 3959 times)
Soldier

Hey all I'm looking for q3 defragers to test some maps in tf2. If you are decent at defrag and interested in helping out, the more testers the better.

Also depending on the interest I may setup a NA test server to help out the NA testers. Euro testers will take a bit more coordination I think.

tl:dr looking for q3 defrag peeps to test defrag maps in tf2

NA (virginia) - 23.21.103.157:27015
EU (ireland) - 176.34.106.88:27015
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:32:38 AM by CrancK »

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
Do you mean through a mod? I can help out if you want, I'm not great at defrag but probably good enough to test the maps.

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
One of my friends has been teaching me to Quake 3 defrag, so I'm decent.
I would love to help out (I can also get my defrag friend to help).

---------------------------

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Soldier

yes through a (few) mods. If you are interested add me (or ill add you) and we can try to find a time to get some testing in. thanks

I do have 1 map totally converted, about 98% sure on the scale. What i would be looking for is a few things:

How close does the scale of the map feel

What adjustments could be made on the plugin settings

features that are needed, but missing

Keep in mind there is no OB currently. Not sure if that will ever be an option. only time will tell

Also timers are in place but not functioning currently so there are things that need work. As for now Im more concerned about scale and how everything feels (as in is it: doable/to easy/to hard/ idongivafuck)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:46:36 PM by drwhooo »

Offline  kairos
Maggot

I'm wolskie's defrag buddy, gonna add you in a sec =D

Soldier

/bumpy

gonna do some testing now, if any NA peeps are intersted lmk

Soldier

I have more maps that need testing and overall just general use of the plugins to find bugs. Let me know if you are interested in helping out. Some things are still pretty rough, but overall everything is working.

known issues:
its not q3

feel free to post up or add me or w/e, Thanks

also, feedback on ported maps is welcome too
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:47:18 PM by drwhooo »

Soldier

So a slight update. We are currently working on how the weapons work and still tweaking the speed and jump height and all that jazz. If you are interested in helping test let me know.

I have access to servet for NA ppl (ill probably posf the IP later for those thatd like to check it out over the weekend.
EU players - we are looking at options for this, but for now, mostly invite only due to servers.

If anyone is interested in hosting or running this on their jump server as well, let me know.

Currently we have a handful of maps ported(about 10). Feel free to post about any issues. As for now I'm not concerned about lighting or messed up textures. More just broken stuff/leaks/impossible courses.

If you are interested in helping out code wise or map creation/porting, let me know

Current known issues:

Defrag_nastyrunn - uturn on stage 2 is to small, not doable (if you xan do this let me know)

Rocketman

Kind of curious, I've never done anything defrag at all, but it looks pretty interesting.  Basically just wondering what kind of difficulty these would be for someone who is pretty decent at tf2 jumping, but hasn't done any defrag at all.

Would they be too far beyond someone testing a defrag-like plugin?

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
Kind of curious, I've never done anything defrag at all, but it looks pretty interesting.  Basically just wondering what kind of difficulty these would be for someone who is pretty decent at tf2 jumping, but hasn't done any defrag at all.

Would they be too far beyond someone testing a defrag-like plugin?
Defrag is practically nothing at all like jumping, so you need to learn completely new skills.

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Soldier

Ya what wolsk said. Probably the closest comparison would be a mix between surfing (the speed of it) and bhop. Your more than welcome to give it a go though.

-edit there are some maps with jump elements to them, tho not all of them use rockets
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 07:17:39 PM by drwhooo »

Soldier

If your interested in checking this out over the weekend, feel free. Thanks to Bernie we have a couple of server up and running.

NA (virginia) - 23.21.103.157:27015
EU (ireland) - 176.34.106.88:27015

-edit fixt
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 02:53:59 AM by drwhooo »

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
huh, both servers the same ip?? 0.o

Soldier

Its like one magical server

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
I just tried it out on the EU server, it doesn't resemble defrag in Q3 at all. :\ A good start to make it more accurate would be disabling jumping just by holding the jump button down. Right now you can hold jump and just alternate strafe directions and build up ridiculous speeds.

Pages: [1] 2 3
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC