Forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Defrag - looking for testers  (Read 3959 times)
Soldier

ridiculous speeds.

you have played defrag before right...?

As with anything that requires repetitive button pressing, i kinda would like to save my mouse wheel.

As I stated it previous posts, this isnt q3. A huge part of the reason why it feels different is because the air control is handled different between the 2 game engines.

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
ridiculous speeds.

you have played defrag before right...?

As with anything that requires repetitive button pressing, i kinda would like to save my mouse wheel.

As I stated it previous posts, this isnt q3. A huge part of the reason why it feels different is because the air control is handled different between the 2 game engines.

I've played defrag in Quake 3 for three years...

It's your call, but allowing auto-jumping by holding down a key removes all the skill and timing required in defrag. Also the 'ridiculous speeds' in defrag should come from precision in timing, not spinning around in a circle for thirty seconds holding jump and a/d.

Offline  sync
Maggot

Missing map maps/defrag_cpm_6_155_a2.bsp,  disconnecting

Can someone upload it?

Soldier

http://www.2shared.com/file/SZhW4bYD/scales2.html

fastDL isnt working right now so use that

Soldier

-fastDL   should work again just fine

Thanks for all of you dropping in to check out all this over the weekend. Most of you seemed to enjoy it.

So a few things - finished tr1ckhouse to a point where its playable. The scale we were using we found was to small, so we upped the scalw. Currently there are only 2 maps at the new scale (name ending in 155 for now).

The other existing maps I hope to get scaled tonight.

We are also working on starting to balance weapons. The detonator (or plasma gun clone) gives a different amount of boost to sollt vs other classes. We are looking into that.

If anyone has interst in helping out on development (mapping/porting/coding/w.e) let me know.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:22:48 AM by drwhooo »

Soldier

All maps* have been updated to the new scale. Feel free to jump on the servers and check em out

Known issues:

cpm1 - random texture wall on first left bump -- you can pass through it
nastyrunn - non functional push trigger

*except defrag_mikrobjump_a1 and defrag_Kunai_a1

Offline  EXC0
Maggot

Weapons are turning out great, plasma works, rockets seem to be ok, a little strong, grenades arent really there and I don't know what the flamethrower is :] good job cranck

Soldier

New Maps ported:
defrag_BardoK-Cpm_a1
defrag_p5run_a1

Should be up on the NA and EU servers, feel free check it out.

Currently the plugin to cap speed from taking a teleport doesnt work as intended. This is the only map affected by it (the teleport ent's are setup differently). Other than that this map should be working as intended.

Currently the jumppad plugin isnt functioning correctly either... (normally source's push triggers gradually accelerate you, q3 boosts you quickly)

I'm looking into what other maps would be good to test weapons as well. If anyone familiar with maps (and their names) has suggests for GOOD ones with which to gauge how weapons work let me know. (this is not a "request ports here" post -- maybe later)

As with my last post the other things we are looking into to change/adjust are:

teleport speed cap - testing with the bardock-cpm map)

weapon balancing
- getting all the classes the same weight and adjusting the detonator and rocket launcher blast power

timers - 99% of the maps have the ents in place for this - this will more than likely stay as internal testing until we feel we are at a point where we wont be drastically changing anything more so there isnt a ton of stuff to clean out of the timer database at a later point (slight possibility that we will set it up so you are able to time, but the times dont get synced online)

Im sure there are a few other things I missed that we are working on as well. Thanks for all the feedback and all so far. Keep it coming  :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 09:49:36 PM by drwhooo »

Soldier

new map:
defrag_pdm03_imoor_a3 - lighting is bad, so turn your brightness up.. im done with this headache for now

These maps should tp and jumppad correctly now
defrag_BardoK-Cpm_a1
defrag_p5run_a1

Soldier

For those of you who havnt checked this all out yet, here is a little bit from one of the maps

TF2 DeFraG_darkie-descendere

check earlier posts for IPs and stuff if your interested

General tips:

Hold jump - auto jump is currently on
You will need to use W - basicly hold W and Jump and strafe to gain speed

For maps that have weapons, use switchnext/prev to cycle weapons

A few open maps to get the hang of it are:
cpm_1 and cpm_4

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
okok... ill take out the damn tf2 physics.... looks crap when ppl can just hold w to steer

---------------------------

Soldier

These maps currently have timers (play as solly):

defrag_BardoK-Cpm_a2
defrag_benzrun-11_b2
defrag_cpm_1_b3
defrag_cpm_2_b3
defrag_cpm_3_b3
defrag_cpm_4_b3
defrag_cpm_5_b3
defrag_cpm_6_b2
defrag_cpm_7_b3
defrag_Kunai_a2
defrag_darkie-descendere_a3
defrag_darkie-marcus_a2 - new
defrag_benzrun-7_a2

Ill get the rest fixed soon(TM)

The timers are local only so no webstats right now

Soldier

A few updated things now:

Strafe speed, jump height, airstep - This has been adjusted for the current map scale. Please post feedback on how it feels (yes you may have moon boots now)

Timers - These now function. If they dont work on a certain map, please let me know which map. For now its all just local times, no webstats.

Autojump - You no longer auto jump on slopes greater than 45 degrees. If there is any map specific issues on this or other bugs, let us know.

Tele speedcap - newer maps will have a speed cap on tele of 400 u/ps. (older ones may get a retro active fix as well, but unlikey anytime soon)

Overbounce - no changes currently but may add a tolerance to make 1 wall OB possible, currently not possible without getting a perfect angle... if you can consistantly do this, let me know.

Weapons - currently you auto switch weapons when you pickup a weapon, even if you already have that weapon. This will get adjusted so it will only autoswap if its a new weapon (read as - if you had 0 ammo before touching the weapon). currently its causeing issues on trickhouse (and other maps) with multiple weapon triggers near each other.

New Maps -
defrag_kairos-tf2climb1_a1 - new climb map by kairos, check it out. Lots of fun OB's

New JP server - Got a server setup for our JP crew. Spread the word and check it out.

Server list:
JP - 54.248.117.180:27015
NA - 23.21.103.157:27015
EU - 176.34.106.88:27015

I am planning on writing a little tut on mapping functions (teles/timer setup/weapons) and porting so stay tuned for those interested in whipping something up for this mod.

Soldier

m3thskiLL
i tried it out real quick, played a strafe map.
enjoyed it despite what i may have said about defrag in tf2.
however something i noticed is you cant do halfbeat in this mod

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
ye that's cos of valve... and their physics,(in fact i did make it so you could, with sm_strafe_pure_air 0, but that kind of physics feels very very floaty so we put it off),  i am going to change that eventually, but since i'll have to completely disable valves air physics, and make it completely anew... its gonna take a while till i get to that

---------------------------

Pages: 1 [2] 3
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC