Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Art Jumps.  (Read 949 times)
Offline  Art
Maggot

Hi, some ppl on this forum know me (like mouse :p) as a ART.
A couple time ago i made some tricks edited by Ariete and Cla, maybe ppl here saw them or not, but i thing it will be nice to add them here.

TF2 Trickjumping

and
That's ART - by Cla

That's nice to see how scene is growing up. I saw already many movies about jumping in tf2 and i like them, but in my feeling there is too many tricks in standard tf2 jumps maps, where ppl doing it normaly like as its predicted.
But maybe its just me, i prefered in my jumps only standard frag maps.

greetings.
ART
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 07:41:26 PM by Art »

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
The movies are nice edited, but they clearly show what is wrong about doing jumps only on non-jumping maps
because you ended up doing 5-6 jump styles repeated on diferent maps and places, so it's like 1 minute of new jumps, and the rest of the time more of the same
1-2 skips
skips to ramps
double stickie on wall to ramp
double stickie on wall to ramp to prefired stickie on another wall

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Exactly, jumps on standard maps are often a lot less uninspired just because most of the stuff done has been done hundreds of times before, (badlands spire jumps, air pipes, ramp slides, freight "circle around the train area" jumps, pre-fired stickies)  or often just come down to "I'm just going to do a lot of skips/speedshots". 

Most actual movies feature mainly standard map jumps anyways, the only one I can think of that aren't a majority standard maps are 11's recent movie and Timmy Tissue's movies.
Edit: Also Mike's demo movie.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:46:23 AM by DiddyKong FTW »

---------------------------
some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Most actual movies feature mainly standard map jumps anyways, the only one I can think of that aren't a majority standard maps are 11's recent movie and Timmy Tissue's movies.
Edit: Also Mike's demo movie.

Also mouse movies:

-fail by mouse*
-mouse* failing again
-jump_ingenii
-mouse* - fail by defenition
-breaking the f***ing engine (in wich ART appears doing a jump similar in this movies)
-aviation control
-leaps of faith
-fuck yeah

This info was just to complete diddy's

Soldier

m3thskiLL
Hi, some ppl on this forum know me (like mouse :p) as a ART.
A couple time ago i made some tricks edited by Ariete and Cla, maybe ppl here saw them or not, but i thing it will be nice to add them here.

TF2 Trickjumping
and
That's ART - by Cla

That's nice to see how scene is growing up. I saw already many movies about jumping in tf2 and i like them, but in my feeling there is too many tricks in standard tf2 jumps maps, where ppl doing it normaly like as its predicted.
But maybe its just me, i prefered in my jumps only standard frag maps.

greetings.
ART

I have a feeling if I have to watch another jump video with nothing but random shitty speedshots im gonna slit my wrists.
But maybe its just me...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:35:03 AM by wonderland »

Offline  Georgi
Maggot

0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21
I have a feeling if I have to watch another jump video with nothing but random shitty speedshots im gonna slit my wrists.
But maybe its just me...

/sign

---------------------------
0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21

Soldier

Very carefully
to be fair these videos were really old before he reuploaded them

Offline  MIKE`
Fly

ya i mean these videos really aren't impressive nowadays, but consider they're like 3+ years old i think before you shit on em lol.

probably good, maybe even great for their time, really not sure since i didnt even play tf2 back then

Soldier

Very carefully
I think they're more in the range of between 1 and 2 years but considering jump videos were still fairly scarce back then it isn't so bad. I remember liking these when they came out when I was still awful.

Soldier

m3thskiLL
freestyle jump videos were scarce back then, its true. I remember his first video came out slightly before freestyle inc. was formed (with mouse*, ART, and me amongst others).

so basically I can hold him responsible for every speedshot vid. I've had the displeasure of watching from then up until this point so yes I did take into account the date rofl.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC