Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Surf / SuSurf / EU iT! Admin Information  (Read 3276 times)
Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
So when I made Surf iT! I knew NO surfers and my thinking was "how much admining does a surf server really need?" and pretty much just copied the jump admins over to surfit. Well the majority of jump admins hardly even jump anymore, let alone surf, and the few surfers I have given admin to all mysteriously disappear (i think its the surfit admin curse). SO... I am cleaning out the admin list for surf it and looking for new admins. Post here Talk to me if you're interested. Here is the current admin list:

Admins of Fury
klanana
conductor (usually seen with some gay name) retired
Bematt (House)
kawaii
Lange
truktruk
tordana

Active Admins
Backhacker
Bloody
cody (cocobean)
Defy
Dellort
Derpus
Draw
Exc0
john
hbc
joinedsenses
Sparrow
Phorofor
MR SLIN
Raiinizzleforizzle
wreath
Zayannah

Inactive Admins
These people have admin but have vanished!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Though it may seem like we have a decent number of admins, a lot of them dont surf much. So those interested be sure to post!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:35:17 AM by Klanana »

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Nice.  And I must say, I am not strong enough to tackle the fear of disappearing all for being an admin.  My highest respect surf it admins, you are truly brave.

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
the only admins i ever saw on surf it (not that i go there that much), were you, MIKE, and ofc Kelao

Offline  House
Fly

A Doctor
I go on Surf iT! sometimes but it's fun to taunt them from irc

Maggot

that would be super awesome if i was an admin because i'm always telling people how to do a part and surf it is like the only server i go on.

Maggot

I'd like to become part of the admins on Surf it! :>

I'm usually always on the computer 24/7 :L
And mostly likely always on Surfit :L
Except when i'm at school, have outings with family, or just plain busy q.q

Anywho, i'd like it a whole bunch :D

Maggot

Hey hey. I'de like to have a chance at being an admin  :)

Pretty much the only times when im not on the server are when i'm playing starcraft or at school.
Since derpus nor bloody are on much, there is a lack of moderating.. resulting in mic spamming kids who won't give up.

So... yeah.

Maggot

Hey there, I would like to apply for a position.

As some of you may know I'm very active on the SurfIT server and log onto it almost every day. I like helping others, and I don't judge others by age, accent, or skill level.

But anyways, I'd love to help give back to this server for the great times it has given me.  ;)

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Since derpus nor bloody are on much
I see bloody on more than you -_- 

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Wow its so nice to see some of our surfers on the forums! (even though I kind of forced it with the admin advertisement...) But anyways thanks to all of you for wanting to help out. Just an FYI I added mikki last night (she was on my list of people to ask anyways...) and I don't really plan on adding people that quick so I guess consider her a special case.

I know I have played with all of you but I dont really know some of you at all other than the shit we all talk on the server, so I plan on actually talking to you guys before making any decisions. If we arent steam friends already please add me (i will forget... i guarantee it) so we can chat. I'll prob try to get with all of you sometime this weekend if I am around... next week at the latest.

If you really are interested... I would suggest starting to hang out in irc. Most of the jump admins hang out/idle there and i'd really like the same to be true for surf admins.

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015

Maggot

Since derpus nor bloody are on much
I see bloody on more than you -_-

That's because you're never on... >.>

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Except for the fact that I am.

Maggot

I only wanna become admin so that I don't be abused by other admins (BBanks). Most people on the server hate for various reason, I understand, but becoming an admin, I hope that they will change their minds.

I play games, you?

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
I only wanna become admin so that I don't be abused by other admins (BBanks). Most people on the server hate for various reason, I understand, but becoming an admin, I hope that they will change their minds.
Why would anyone hate you? :C

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Phoro you honestly have been the headlining topic for almost all of the convo's I have had lately... and I have definitely have come down with a bad case of Phorofear (which in no way is a fear OF phoro... but rather a fear FOR phoro). Without getting too into detail (or trying not to at least) let me explain a bit about my Phorofear and how I think admins shouldn't behave.

I really like you phoro - even when you are being a complete ass to me. You're fun and entertaining on the server and a population increasing presense, as opposed to some people who are a population decreasing presense. You love to talk on your mic, but that is fine especially since the server has all talk. If an admin doesnt like you and decides to mute you simply "because he can" or whatever teh case was... I will not stand for it. I do not give out admin for people to mute or get rid of people they do not like, and if shit like that starts happening... admin is even quicker to remove than to add. And I am not trying to threaten the admins, nor am I saying that the admin in this scenario is a bad admin (i cant judge that until i see them in action...). But when people who are regulars (as well as increase the player count when they are there bc people enjoy them) start getting abused for personal reasons, I will draw the line.

As far as giving you admin just so you wont be abused... I would rather neither of you have it than risking the chance of angry admin wars on the server.

On an ending note (and you can take this however you'd like) the number 1 thing I care about on this server is player count, with the server regs being what i care about the most. 3 times a month I get to see a lovely chunk of my money disappear to host servers for a game I havent even played in weeks... but i still love doing it and feel honored that people are playing in there and having a good time. If an admin is making the regs not want to play here... then the admin needs to go.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:48:34 AM by Klanana »

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC