Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Surf / SuSurf / EU iT! Admin Information  (Read 3276 times)
Maggot

I got a 404 error for trying to log in, anywho. I knew that saying that I should become admin is so that I don't get abused would come and bite me in the ass by you. Respect is what I was trying to get at. I don't really get much respect on your server anymore. That is on reason why I don't play on your server a lot anymore. Second reason is some of the admins, like you said, "If an admin is making the regs not want to play here... then the admin needs to go." On my opinion, you should try on picking your admins more carefully.
Also, my fucking Steam account won't go to mine so ignore that shit. That guy that isn't me ._.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:18:30 PM by Phorofor »

---------------------------
I play games, you?

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
That honestly makes me sad Phoro... and I am  really sorry if you feel like you arent being respected. I actally had no idea you felt like that... especially to the point where you dont want to play here anymore... maybe its  because whenever I would see you on the server everyone would be so happy and having a good time (99% of the time thanks to you) but I really wish you had said something to me. Surfing seems to me like it's own ballgame though in terms of respect - hell 99% of the time the things surfers say to me are completely disrespectful... but I have just gotten used to it I guess.

As far as picking my admins more carefully... I think people forget that when I started the server I knew ONE surfer: MIKE. With the exception of bloody  and kelao I have been VERY slow with adding new admins, and the jumpers that I gave admin to on Surf iT! were all jump admins so I at least knew them. Trust me if I had the time and patience I would grill each potential admin to their core before setting it up - but the amount of time i already give to this place is exhausting and i have to pick my battles so i just validate people off the limited time i spend in the servers with them... not to mention a majority of the people i do set up with admin seem to vanish.

The past couple weeks I have been pretty much a ghost around here - intentionally. And when i would come around all I would hear is that surfit needs admins.. and bbanks approached me about it. I couldnt think of any incidents involving him... and honestly, like you, people really seem to enjoy playing with him on the server. So yes, maybe I should have picked someone else or sought out one of the people I had in mind... but I am server exhausted and he is more than capable of being a good admin.

Anyways... my comment about giving you admin was in no way supposed to seem like I was biting you in the ass. In case my last post didnt smack you in the face 20 times with it... I am a Phorofan - prob more of one than I should be. But anyways this thread took a wrong turn somewhere and its irritating me so ill just stop yappin.

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  BBanks
Maggot

Wow, I'm at loss for words after reading what Phorofor said. Mostly beacause I don't disrespect him. I ONLY muted him one time, and only because everyone in the server was begging me to. It is even more upsetting that he can't come to me and say something, rather than complaining about me behind my back. When I first got admin, one of the admins had perma muted (Not going to say the name, and put the person out there) Phorofor, and I was the one that kept unmuting him. I don't think it's fair how he came on here and played the victim, at all, and personally I feel it was a attack on me because he was jealous that I got admin and not him. Phorofor: YOu have to show others respect to get respect.

Maggot

Let's not try to get into a argument here, but I most defend myself on a few of those things BBanks said, and what I am about to say has nothing to do with me becoming a admin. First, only muting me once is a lie. Second, I don't get what you mean by coming to you and saying something, because I had no choice of you muting me or not. And lastly, I'm not jealous, I'm ashamed with the person who made you admin. No offense Klare.

I play games, you?

Offline  Kelao
Maggot

Phorofor would make a bad admin anyway.

I find that the only admin action SurfiT requires, is muting/gagging obnoxious people.
There's no other way of griefing there anyway.

In my opinion, that's the only function that admins on SurfiT, should have access to. (also, noclip can be abused to gain better times, but I've fortunately yet to see it happen)

Being an admin is not all about shits and giggles, toggling fire and beacons on people. Please consider this before asking.

Maggot

Thank you for proving my point, Kelao.

I play games, you?

Offline  House
Fly

A Doctor
Surf iT! is pretty much grounds for just muting obnoxious prepubescent kids and people who want to spam loud noises, but I think a guideline for any admin is just don't fuck with people unless they give you a reason to fuck with them.

And I mean a good reason. There are times for shits and giggles, as long as they don't impede on the enjoyment of the players in the server. However, you have to still be an admin, so when it comes to it, probable cause is what you need.

Being an admin is not that hard. However, being an abusive admin isn't either, but if you want to stay admin, I'd recommend you learn how not to.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Surf admins (with the exception of Kelao and Bloody) can now only kick, ban, and mute

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC