Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chocolate mod  (Read 1333 times)
Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
Yoyo,

as some people already know, i'm making a mod which gives people 8 guns (atm) and has the ability to spread powerups/ammo/medkits/spawnpositions in a map, according to .cfg files

so ye, i figured i'd make a thread for it, in case of suggestions or... i dunno, whatever

more complete list of features (not all in yet, definitly not all final yet, still needs balance and fixes)

-configurable spawns
-configurable ammo/powerup/medkit locations
-8 weapons, (might make them configurable later on, and might expand it to 10 or something)
-no fall damage + gunboats for easy movement
-tf_damageforcescale_other 10.0 (normal = 6.0, normal to self = 10.0, meaning, i simply made damage push others the same amount as they would push yourself, instead of standard which is to give others a reduction in said power)
-tf_boost_drain_time 120.0, this is for the health overheal, to not go away so quickly, because otherwise the megahealth and boosters just drain way too quick to be usefull
-option to lock objectives and make the map tdm mode (not in yet)

Small explanation of the 8guns
You either start with flamethrower and minigun, or with all weapons (depends on a cvar)
if you start with just basic weaponry the idea is to pick up new guns which are scattered around the map (they also provide the ammo for them)
if you start with all guns... just go crazy i guess :P

the 8 guns are atm: (not sure if the centerfire attribute works for all guns tho)
flamethrower, -40%damage, -50% airblast cost, centerfire
minigun, -65% damage, firerate 40% slower (still seems quick tho), aiming movespeed +175% meaning solly speed -20, spinuptime -50%,  spread -50%, centerfire
scattergun, +20% damage, centerfire
blutsauger, +75% damage, 5hp per hit, projectile range boost +150%, centerfire
ambassador, +10% damage, headshot possible, centerfire
grenade launcher,  -10% damage, +150% slower firerate (but i kinda think its not working), centerfire
rocketlauncher, centerfire
sniperrifle, no headshot, 100damage, centerfire, display tracer (dont think the tracer works atm)

powerups are atm:
speed gives the solly whip speed buff, boots model
kritz gives kritz, sword model
uber gives uber, saxxy award model
mega gives 200hp, cake model
booster gives 10hp, cupcake model
bigboost gives 75hp, sandvich model
red gives 100armor, no model yet
yellow gives 50armor, helmet model
shard gives 5armor, shield model
regen gives regen, health sign model

i plan to also have invis, regen, minicrit, and maybe some more

Commands to bind: (since for some stupid reason i can't hook valves normal command for switching guns)
switchnext (switches to next gun)
switchprev (switches to previous gun)
switchgun # (where # is a number from 1-8, basically a bind to individual gun)

ive myself got 2 configs files to switch between normal and chocolate binds, in case anyone wants:
http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/44013943/file.html
http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/81221547/file.html

copy them to /tf/cfg/
exec vanilla once, and afterward switch between vanilla and chocolate with l (or whatever you changed it to)
and check with your config.cfg if my normal binds arent different, although hey, checking both to see wether the binds would be to your liking would be even better, ahwell do what you want

ok.. i think i mostly covered everything... so ye.. questions + suggestions + bugreports or whatever, pls here
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:55:29 PM by CrancK »

---------------------------

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
As i told you bfore, i really like the mod
So, a couple of things:

-Is the grenade launcher viewmodel already fixed?

-Scattergun seems a little too overpowered, i'd say to reduce de damage bonus to 10% or even to make it just like normal one.

-Kritz shouldn't be longer than 10 (maybe 15 max) secs.

-Invis would be really frekkin awesome!!!!

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
the viewmodelstuff might not be something i can fix.... or.. it could be to do with the centerfire stuff, i'll obviously try to fix it, but ye.. not sure if i can

-as for the balance of the guns, i have no idea yet, they way it is right now is just mostly just to check if shit works etc, but ye, we'll have to like... get some games orso to do balancing a bit better
(although, i do think scatter should be really dangerous close range, cos its the only real close range intended gun in the lineup, besides flame which is more supposed for its utility role, and scatter has insane falloff, so... not sure if it should go lower.. just not sure :P)

-kinda agree, the only thing is that i think.. in q3 quaddamage stays on for longer then 10sec right? and it does x4 damage not x3 like in tf2, so how come its so op in tf2? i just don't understand (though it could have to do with in which map it shows up)

-invis should be possible, just need to check if i can also make ppl just 90% invis, so its still possible to see, just harder (total invis would be too op afterall (then again, i guess if its the same timespan as kritz, it cant really do more then kritz in damageoutput? ahwell, well see)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:04:57 AM by CrancK »

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
also, i could make armor for it aswell, with like a helmet as yellow armor(or any better?) + shield for red armor, but... would that be a good idea?

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

i don't get the point in this mod... unless its for some deathmatch/other game mode thing

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
point.. well i'd nearly want to ask does everything need to have a point? but ahwell, i'd guess the point would have to be fun ofcourse, what else?

and yes, ill make it so it can make any mode dm, but i dont see any reason why you couldnt play it in any of the normal modes, its basically just a different way to play tf2

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
updatey,

-not really part of this plugin, but intended for use with it is, circlejump mod :D (also some fixes to bhop strafe)
-sniper has rail
-cant switch weapon to weapon without ammo anymore
-quicker switchtimes
-armor in, in red(100) no model yet, yellow(50) helmet model, shard (5) shield model
-health now 100, max 200,
-regen power up added
-improved furthest away spawn algorithm, needs testing to see how well it works tho
-added angle to all pickups, so they dont all face the same way

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
updatey,

-needlegun replaced by detonator (finally figured out how to get secondary guns to also work :D), meaning a more real plasma launcher which has exploding shots + fast fire, need to find a way to make it push less tho, cos atm fire rate is slowish to compensate for the quite big push it gives per shot,
-instagib possibility (untested tho, may have some weird bugs)
-added cvar to have inf ammo

+ question... now that i can add secondary guns aswell, should i add sticky launcher to the lineup of guns? either with only 1-2 stickys out max, or way lower damage? or something?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:07:31 AM by CrancK »

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Should add, but with a 3 sticky clip, imo

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC