Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update- New Rocket Launcher  (Read 555 times)
Maggot

New rocket launcher added today.  http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/

Maybe we can have a jump map orientated around this weapon seeing how it still retains full splash. This allows the soldiers to move faster since he has rockets that can keep up with him a little better.

What do you guys think?

---------------------------

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Maybe we can have a jump map orientated around this weapon seeing how it still retains full splash.
Direct hit still has the same splash radius when it is in range to hit you.  If it is in the range that a normal rocket launcher rocket would hit you, pretty positive it keeps that radius.  Biggest downside to direct hit ironically IS the speed that rockets move, it makes doubles/triple (and who knows what anything else would be like) pretty much impossible.  And I also think that it DOES keep the damage increase when it does self damage, so that was also a downside, considering even if you WERE able to do a double, it would kill you lol. 
The soldier sets look pretty cool though.  the shovel sounds fucking awesome, same with the shotgun.  I still see the normal shotty being more useful in more situations, but that doesn't mean it's badass.  And the whip sounds pretty cool as well.  the demo shit will get annoying I think.  Mass shield spam.  But, this is a jump forum, so I will try to stick to jumping when it's not in the whatever thread.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 04:53:40 AM by DiddyKong FTW »

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Biggest downside to direct hit ironically IS the speed that rockets move, it makes doubles/triple (and who knows what anything else would be like) pretty much impossible.

Well....that's just a mather of perpective
I had a jump in jump_allstars, that was necessary to use the normal launcher and the dh to get a double.

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
the new rocket launcher...because of the speed of rockets the scaling for mappers is muuuch larger...sure speedshots you might not need to aim as far ahead or pogos but really the amount of distance the rocket travels pretty much makes that aspect pointless because youre at most 64 units off the floor which is less than a second for any of the rockets. Default is still better imo.

I had a jump in jump_allstars, that was necessary to use the normal launcher and the dh to get a double.

First of all that map is terrible and you do not need the direct hit anywhere in that, really anything the direct hit can do the default rocket launcher can do unless you start making incredibly fast speedshots or pogo but that's just gay.

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

The new rocket launcher makes wallpogoing 10x easier for some reason. I'm not entirely sure what the cause of that is but I'm certain it's not just a placebo effect.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC