Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Drexen and Raiin are bored! Make us jumps!  (Read 1376 times)
Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
More me than Drexen, but still Drexen wants to do this little competition, "we make a small jump, and we each detail it with a specific theme to see what we can do ^^". So make jumps and post them here, first jump we like will be detailed by both of us, the other good jumps I alone will detail when I have time but they will be pretty, after about 12 or so I will release it with the competition jump.

To enter your jump.
Open hammer and make a jump.
upload the .VMF somewhere
post link in this thread and if your jump is picked I will edit this post in order of difficulty (1-12)

There are however a few catches...
1. The jump must be properly tested prior to giving it to us, this includes teleports health and ammo regeneration etc.
2. Keep the grid size to a minimum of 16x16 units! (excluding pogo teleports)
3. Keep them clean.
4. Try to make them fun
5. If a similar jump has already been picked don't make another...
6. No long, drawn out jumps
7. The jump must be designed for Soldier.

Jumps picked... in order of difficulty

Just for incentive, for every jump sent in and used I will detail an ayers2 jump.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 11:06:26 AM by Raiin »

---------------------------

Fly

dorp
oooo

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

forgot to say what class raiin...

Offline  Matti
Fly

soar_a4 is out!
I'll try and make you one, but I imagine it is going to take a lot of tweaking. I'll work on it at the weekend when I have a bit more time aside from revision :(.

Do you want me to create potential areas for detail within the jump or just the basic skeleton?
And I can answer for Raiin; you're detailing a soldier jump ;).

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Maybe....if i have time....maybe

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
Do you want me to create potential areas for detail within the jump or just the basic skeleton?
just the basic jump, if you can put a description in of the jump too that would be nice, as long as i can figure out how the jump is done without much thought

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
gridsize 16? also playerclips? cos i usually make those 2 or 4 wide/thin, and if a surface is pogoable i usually make the tp trigger for that 4 big, you want those in 16 minimum aswell?

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
gridsize 16? also playerclips? cos i usually make those 2 or 4 wide/thin, and if a surface is pogoable i usually make the tp trigger for that 4 big, you want those in 16 minimum aswell?

Teleports generally shouldn't need to be smaller than 16x16 unless its a pogo.
I have never ever needed a playerclip any smaller than a 16x16 grid. Needing to use 4 unit wide blocks in general is a bad idea outside of detailing, 4 unit wide walls are just plain...bad.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
I've used 2 size player clips, when i had to make something not shootable
had no other choice

Edit: i suggest that you guys release some beta version of the detailed jumps, open a poll, and whoever wins, gets to name the map
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:13:50 PM by X_DIAS »

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
had no other choice

Why would you absolutely NEED to use 2 unit wide walls? 14 units is tiny, if it suddenly becomes impossible because you made a wall 14 units wide then that jump is clearly VERY precise and precise jumps aren't as fun.

Fun jumps generally aren't very precise or long.

Just for an incentive to make stuff...For every jump sent in, I will detail a jump of ayers2! (this incentive continues until all ayers2 jumps are detailed). I had detailed a few extra a while back but hard disk error killed them all and let me say, THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL! made the rest of the map look bad. 

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

had no other choice

Why would you absolutely NEED to use 2 unit wide walls? 14 units is tiny, if it suddenly becomes impossible because you made a wall 14 units wide then that jump is clearly VERY precise and precise jumps aren't as fun.

Fun jumps generally aren't very precise or long.

Just for an incentive to make stuff...For every jump sent in, I will detail a jump of ayers2! (this incentive continues until all ayers2 jumps are detailed). I had detailed a few extra a while back but hard disk error killed them all and let me say, THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL! made the rest of the map look bad.

BRB making two platforms to jump from one to the other so Raiin does more work on ayers2. :P

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
BRB making two platforms to jump from one to the other so Raiin does more work on ayers2. :P

GG

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
Well I have to decide to use the jump. I'll probably accept it anyway, going to need easy jumps anyway.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Another way you can stop being bored would be to start creating jurf maps... jump/surf maps - could you imagine how badass those would be.

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Maggot

Another way you can stop being bored would be to start creating jurf maps... jump/surf maps - could you imagine how badass those would be.

qft, it'd certainly go towards bringing the smooth continuous freestyle feel of quake to tf2, i'd do it but i got too much on my plate with different projects :'(

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC