Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jump maps + walkthroughs ..  (Read 1353 times)
Offline  A+
Maggot

Hello, Good Morning ..

Seeing alot of people asking where to start jumping? or where are the maps for speeds, doubles, wallclimb, and more? ???

It'd be helpful to make a topic named "Jump Maps + Walkthroughs".
where the top jump players meet together and classify the jump maps by the difficulty level (Easy, Medium, Hard) and each level has it's own replay e.g. Easy level maps is replay #1 in the topic.

and put a download link + photo of the major thing in the map [Optional] + what major skills in the map (like speeds, wallclimb, and more) [Optional] + youtube walkthrough video.

it'd be like this:

"Jump_map_name"
"Pic_of_the_map"
"major_skill"
"youtube_walkthorugh_video"

or combined the jump map name with pic of the map in one pic sized 350 * 100 pixels [I can do this - just need the maps major area pics like in the website].

and if the map doesn't have a walkthrough .. some volunteer and show some of his/her skills :P

It'd really help alot of people and it'll be a good reference and ofc will be updated when a new map release. :D

I hope this helps the jumping community and I'd be happy to help in any matter :]

---------------------------
"If you stand for Nothing .. you will fall for Anything"

Fly

Safe Word: Banana
I run this shit
We could roll this into the stats pages very easily-- just need the go ahead from rush.

▮ TF2Jump.com Owner, Developer
▮ iT Lead Administrator

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
We could roll this into the stats pages very easily-- just need the go ahead from rush.

and people willing to do it..

Fly

Safe Word: Banana
I run this shit

and people willing to do it..

Well the Map Picture/Map Name/Map Difficulty are already done quantitatively by the system, the map download link is as easy as linking to the map ftp which I have ready to go in.  The work part is putting up a walkthrough video.

▮ TF2Jump.com Owner, Developer
▮ iT Lead Administrator

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
where the top jump players meet together and classify the jump maps by the difficulty level (Easy, Medium, Hard) and each level has it's own replay e.g. Easy level maps is replay #1 in the topic.

Yeah...uh it's not like there are meetings of jumpers or anything, wouldn't a youtube vid be enough...a lot of maps are there already and just looking at that you should notice the difficulty for yourself

To be honest, no sol maps are really that hard, it's all the precision of the jump...how exact you have to be.
Demo maps are the same thing except on jump_scorpion_b1...accursed sticky walls and gaps on cylinder wall pogos is ridiculous!

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
Then you would be classifying the maps by how much margin of error you have, am i right?

Offline  A+
Maggot

a lot of maps are there already and just looking at that you should notice the difficulty for yourself
that's the way you and most expert jumpers look at it, however, it's not for the beginners.

To be honest, no sol maps are really that hard, it's all the precision of the jump...how exact you have to be.
agreed.

and about naming the levels .. e.g. replace the hard with advanced .. not a big deal.

it's kinda of helping to the new jumpers, that's all :]

"If you stand for Nothing .. you will fall for Anything"

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

Being a world-class gymnast isn't hard either, it's all about the precision of the jumps...

Just sayin'.

Soldier

m3thskiLL
Being a world-class gymnast isn't hard either, it's all about the precision of the jumps...

Just sayin'.

//

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC