Forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Author Topic: Beginnings 2013  (Read 8237 times)
Offline  Tom
Maggot

I dont know if this was answered earlier in the thread but is there going to be some kind of live scoreboard/leaderboard for each week so people know the current time to beat?

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

Nice map. 

Offline  alle
Soldier

gayyst
some major donations there buddy

---------------------------
rip2pac4lyf

Offline  Nickvec
Maggot

What does STV mean? And when I record demos on POV it shows my hud while playing, is there a way to fix that or is it ok as it is? Thanks.

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
I dont know if this was answered earlier in the thread but is there going to be some kind of live scoreboard/leaderboard for each week so people know the current time to beat?

All the good jumpers would be stupid not to hold onto their demos until the end of submissions, otherwise everyone will know what time they need to beat.

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Beginnings 2013 Speedrun Rules, Submission Guidelines, and Other Stuff

More rules.

And in case you didn't read my youtube comment I'll repost:

At this point I can guarantee that 1st place on amazon and orbital will be at least 5 keys each. The rewards for winning the warm up stage maps may get bigger depending on donations.

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

For people like me who didn't know before, you have to enable sv_cheats 1 in order for any of those commands to work. 

Offline  Pielord
Maggot

Pootis-bird en route
I've been playing orbital for a bit now and I keep noticing that the supply cabinet sound keeps reoccurring, and I keep getting regen. I do have a regen script, but I didn't think it started if you leave your own personal server and restarted it. Is this a built in feature or what?

When you're hungry, remember one thing: I will not give you any pies
- Pielord 2013

Rocketman

I've been playing orbital for a bit now and I keep noticing that the supply cabinet sound keeps reoccurring, and I keep getting regen. I do have a regen script, but I didn't think it started if you leave your own personal server and restarted it. Is this a built in feature or what?

Yes the regen is built in. For all of the maps in beginnings you won't need a regen script or hurtme.

Maggot

Will we get something for donating? :D

Rocketman

Created the hiscores list. Two people have already submitted runs. Remember, the warm-up stage gives no points.

Overall Soldier Hiscores: http://bit.ly/1dbsk83
Overall Demo Hiscores: http://bit.ly/17LEpT7
Stage 1 Soldier Hiscores: http://bit.ly/HPg5TX
Stage 1 Demoman Hiscores: http://bit.ly/1bi9JHX

Maggot

Just my personal preference but putting all the stuff on one key makes restarting/recording runs a lot easier.

bind 5 "stop;tv_stoprecord;r_cleardecals;setpos -309 579 132;setang 0 90 0;impulse 101;wait 20;tv_record orbitaltv;record orbital"

of course it would be different for each map

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

1:32??  Fuck. 

Offline  Pielord
Maggot

Pootis-bird en route
Just created my POV and my STV recordings, but two things:
1. When I try to play my pielord.dem file (POV) it keeps returning error messages like this: "Could not find table '(Table name)'"
2. I've never recorded an STV recording before, so I have no clue as to where to find the STV root folder, much less play it.

Anyone who can help me, I would like you for life <3

When you're hungry, remember one thing: I will not give you any pies
- Pielord 2013

Rocketman

Just created my POV and my STV recordings, but two things:
1. When I try to play my pielord.dem file (POV) it keeps returning error messages like this: "Could not find table '(Table name)'"
2. I've never recorded an STV recording before, so I have no clue as to where to find the STV root folder, much less play it.

Anyone who can help me, I would like you for life <3

Are you naming your pov and stv the same thing? They save to the same spot. If you ARE naming the same thing, that may be what's causing your wonky error because two are recording into the same file simultaneously?

Try while recording with different names: "record orbital; tv_record orbitaltv"

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC