Forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Author Topic: Beginnings 2013  (Read 8228 times)
Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
bind 5 "stop;tv_stoprecord;r_cleardecals;setpos -309 579 132;setang 0 90 0;impulse 101;wait 20;tv_record orbitaltv;record orbital"

intresting.....i use that but without the wait command, will that fix the huge lagspike i get when i use the bind?

Maggot

probably won't help. depending on your computer stopping and starting recordings just causes lag. the waits are just there as part of good scripting habits

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

Is it possible to create a script that does all the bindings itself?  Only thing in question would be the getpos command, since it involves copying a variable string. 

Offline  Pielord
Maggot

Pootis-bird en route
Just created my POV and my STV recordings, but two things:
1. When I try to play my pielord.dem file (POV) it keeps returning error messages like this: "Could not find table '(Table name)'"
2. I've never recorded an STV recording before, so I have no clue as to where to find the STV root folder, much less play it.

Anyone who can help me, I would like you for life <3

Are you naming your pov and stv the same thing? They save to the same spot. If you ARE naming the same thing, that may be what's causing your wonky error because two are recording into the same file simultaneously?

Try while recording with different names: "record orbital; tv_record orbitaltv"
I renamed my POV Pielord POV and my STV Pielord STV. Does the demoui read spaces?

---------------------------
When you're hungry, remember one thing: I will not give you any pies
- Pielord 2013

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
think not, just use _

Offline  Pielord
Maggot

Pootis-bird en route
I renamed my POV Pielord POV and my STV Pielord STV. Does the demoui read spaces?

Nvm, I renamed my two recordings with different names and no spaces. All fixed now :)

- Pielord 2013

Offline  Pielord
Maggot

Pootis-bird en route
Beginnings 2013 Speedrun Rules, Submission Guidelines, and Other Stuff

More rules.

And in case you didn't read my youtube comment I'll repost:

At this point I can guarantee that 1st place on amazon and orbital will be at least 5 keys each. The rewards for winning the warm up stage maps may get bigger depending on donations.

At 1:50, what is meant by "tick of speedrun"?

- Pielord 2013

Maggot

blind run on jump_orbital,
6:31 x.x

Rocketeer

Beginnings 2013 Speedrun Rules, Submission Guidelines, and Other Stuff

More rules.

And in case you didn't read my youtube comment I'll repost:

At this point I can guarantee that 1st place on amazon and orbital will be at least 5 keys each. The rewards for winning the warm up stage maps may get bigger depending on donations.

At 1:50, what is meant by "tick of speedrun"?

If you open the demui with shift+f2 you can see at what tick you are and how many ticks the demo has. Just find out where yourgood run started nd write the tick down.

Offline  Nickvec
Maggot

Can you submit more than one entry. For ex. Josh gets a 20 minute time on Orbit. He sends it in. 4 days late he sends in another submission of 15 minutes. Would that be allowed to make your time better, or can you only submit one and only one final submission? thanks

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Can you submit more than one entry. For ex. Josh gets a 20 minute time on Orbit. He sends it in. 4 days late he sends in another submission of 15 minutes. Would that be allowed to make your time better, or can you only submit one and only one final submission? thanks

Can submit as many times as you want.

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire

Tell Josh to practice more cause 15 mins is garbage

Offline  Nickvec
Maggot

lol I know. I was just using an example for ease.

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Added a schedule:

Saturday Nov 9th - Stage 1 starts
Saturday Nov 16th 12:00 pm EST / 17:00 GMT - Stage 1 ends, stage 2 starts
Saturday Nov 23th 12:00 pm EST / 17:00 GMT - Stage 2 ends, stage 3 starts
Saturday Nov 30th 12:00 pm EST / 17:00 GMT - Stage 3 ends, stage 4 starts
Saturday Dec 7th 12:00 pm EST / 17:00 GMT - Stage 4 ends, stage 5 starts
Saturday Dec 14th 12:00 pm EST / 17:00 GMT - Stage 5 ends, stage 6 starts
Saturday Dec 21th 12:00 pm EST / 17:00 GMT - Stage 6 ends

Fly

Sheep

http://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC