Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Quad Synch  (Read 562 times)
Maggot

Does anybody know the correct height for a quad synch? I havent found one in a map, and I want to know if anyone has tried to make one before. Thanks in advance.

Rocketman

jump_edgebug has one. I'm sure there are others but that's the only one coming to mind quickly.

Soldier

The last jump on jump_half (?) has a quint, but can be done with a good quad.

Maggot

jump_edgebug has one. I'm sure there are others but that's the only one coming to mind quickly.
Thanks Kairu. Does anybody know how tall the heights are?
___            A
     l
     l
     l       
     l
     L__      B
          l
          l   
          l
          l
          l      C

Specifically, the distance between B and C in my terribly drawn diagram, giving the player enough time to catch up to the rockets and fire the fourth one right as he hits the ground, but not enough time to fire a fifth rocket.

Also, how high can a perfectly timed quad launch you?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 08:39:03 AM by Serebiisean »

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
plz do not base jumps off of perfection... they usually are just plain horrible imo (for bonus jumps its ok though)

---------------------------

Maggot

plz do not base jumps off of perfection... they usually are just plain horrible imo (for bonus jumps its ok though)
An approx range would still be helpful so I dont have to just rip it out of an old map. Besides, Im a mediocre jumper, so I would stick to the low end anyway so that I could test my map.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 08:53:36 AM by Serebiisean »

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
imo you shouldn't be making maps in which you can't do the jumps yourself. You'll end up with a shitty skill curve like jurf (LOL POWER JOHN SUCKS).

Maggot

imo you shouldn't be making maps in which you can't do the jumps yourself. You'll end up with a shitty skill curve like jurf (LOL POWER JOHN SUCKS).
Gud points. I can do triples, so I might be able to do quads,;however, I dont know many maps which feature a quad for me to practice on. I only know of edgebug because of Kairu, and edgebug is beyond my skill level.  Most maps are made for beginners or experts. The few in between such as Heavy and later coures of 4starters, get really old after awhile.

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
Making a quad sync is simple just do a normal quint but have the 3rd platform higher (the floor where you actually sync)

Rocketman

The one on edgebug is pretty simple, you can likely do it.  It's #3 or #4 or something? Very early. It's an auto-edgebug. You can just hold W to do it. I guess I also failed to realize that it was a large forward component, so the numbers will be off unless you have the same forward component, but it's likely close to them.

Check https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Decompiling_Maps for GCFScape to decompile maps so you can check numbers like these on whatever map you feel like.

Maggot

The one on edgebug is pretty simple, you can likely do it.  It's #3 or #4 or something? Very early. It's an auto-edgebug. You can just hold W to do it. I guess I also failed to realize that it was a large forward component, so the numbers will be off unless you have the same forward component, but it's likely close to them.

Check https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Decompiling_Maps for GCFScape to decompile maps so you can check numbers like these on whatever map you feel like.
Thanks for the info Kairu.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
I think glow made a vmf with a bunch of jump measurements, but I forgot where it is

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

I think glow made a vmf with a bunch of jump measurements, but I forgot where it is

bingo

http://forums.tf2jump.com/index.php/topic,711.0.html

not sure if there's a quad in there, but i know for sure there's a normal quint and water quint.  you could just adjust the floor of that to make it a quad.

Fly

video games

lol stay mad nerd
"my name is afterblow and i can't do jumps for shit because im too busy trying to get efame from doing shitty trickjumps on stream"
i actually did do the jump in the end

and the only reason why i added that jump anyways is because exc0 thought it wasn't good enough for the tip of the hats jump stream.. that's why there's 21 jumps instead of 20. Otherwise the skill curve would be fucking fine
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 04:01:55 AM by PwnerJohn »

Maggot

First thing I checked, it doesn't have  a quad.

If I make my quads absolutely impossible to quint, it becomes to hard to quad(For myself anyway). So this is my temporary solution until I get better at syncs:

______        A
            l
            l
            l
            l
            l       
            l__    B
                 l
                 l- - - - - - - - - trigger_teleport to C
                 l
                 l
                 l