Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unable to unzip files?  (Read 413 times)
Offline  Atruis
Maggot

I'm downloading the map files straight from the maps page here successfully, But I'm constantly plowed by an error when trying to open the file:
Unable to expand "file_name.bsp.bz2" into "Downloads". (Error 2-No such File or Directory.)

I'm completely stumped as to how this is happening. I've as well tried unzipping in Terminal, but I get this pile of junk:

End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of file_name.bsp.bz2 or
        jump_over_beta.bsp.bz2.zip, and cannot find file_name.bsp.bz2.ZIP, period.

Has anyone else gotten this error and managed to fix it? :\ I just can't seem to figure anything out.

Running on Mac book Pro 10.7.5, if it makes a difference.

Maggot

If it's just a plain .bsp file, you don't need to unzip or extract anything, just copy-paste or move the file into your maps folder.

---------------------------

Fly

odd, what program are you using for the bzips?  Also have you tried the obvious in extracting the files to a different directory?  Maybe you're getting a permissions error?

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
just download the .bsp instead of the .bz2
prob solved

Fly

If the game is running the folder could be locked and causing you the error, dias has a good idea there :)

Offline  Atruis
Maggot

If it's just a plain .bsp file, you don't need to unzip or extract anything, just copy-paste or move the file into your maps folder.
It's .bps.bz2, not just .bsp, otherwise i'd probably be fine.

odd, what program are you using for the bzips?  Also have you tried the obvious in extracting the files to a different directory?  Maybe you're getting a permissions error?
I'm using the basic Archive Utility that came with my mac. And yes, i've tried moving the files to my desktop and the downloads folder with no change. I've as well tried unzipping on my other computer with Winrar, but: "Unnexpected end of archive."

just download the .bsp instead of the .bz2
prob solved
Excuse my slight stupidity, But how would I do this? I've tried "Download as..." and changed it to just .bsp, but it just changes back. How would I just download the bsp?

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
I'm downloading the map files straight from the maps page here successfully,

Excuse my slight stupidity, But how would I do this? I've tried "Download as..." and changed it to just .bsp, but it just changes back. How would I just download the bsp?

if you are downloading from the jumpiT index, then you download the .bsp files instead of the .bz2

.bz2 are for server's fast download or something like that

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

bz2 probably wont open with your mac extracting software. i use 7zip and they open fine for me

Offline  Atruis
Maggot

if you are downloading from the jumpiT index, then you download the .bsp files instead of the .bz2

.bz2 are for server's fast download or something like that
Sure as heck, that was the problem. Downloading from the Map Article page gave me the .bz2, So i went to the topics the maps were in and they came out .bsp. I feel like a cluts for not trying that. >.< Thanks a bunch Drexen.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:10:20 PM by Atruis »

Rocketman

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
the .bz2 are for servers i think, I could be wrong.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC