Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Needs some big help  (Read 252 times)
Offline  feuce
Maggot

Hi, this is my first post on the forums. I'm just gonna get right to it I need some questions answered.

1) What buttons should I remap?

Currently i'm using shift as duck/ crouch, but this is is too awkward for me to use and i would like to jump while playing on actual servers not just jump servers.

2) Am I actually suppose to press space and crouch for every single jump?

3) How on earth and I suppose to direct myself mid air when I'm not suppose to press W, I press W to run forward to get momentum for the jump but then am I just suppose to let go of everything?

4) Can someone give me a link to a timer or script or something for easier jumping?

Simply put I would like to actually use the market gardener for something rather than just having it sit on my load out and never use it.

5) Can someone PLEASE just tell me how to move along the ground fast? thats the only one I even care about.

6) Am I suppose to have my mouse on super high crazy sensitivity for this? I use just a standard dell mouse 2 buttons and a middle mouse wheel. To make this easier should I get a gaming mouse with side buttons for easier button mapping?

7) In videos I see people standing completely still and then rocket jump using a wall and they go crazy far, not just straight up. I know i'm clearly doing everything wrong but if I could just see a video of someones hands doing jumps on the keyboard parallel to their solider doing it in game that would be more beneficial.

8) When I'm trying to go across a wall sideways all I can do is jump once on it and maybe one more time to push myself but after that I fall away from the wall. I'm pressing my WASD keys in the direction of the wall to try to stay on it but I always just get pushed away.

9) All I can do its just make big slow jumps through the air in wide arcs making me a very easy target how do I affect my mobility so that I can actually chase people in the air? When a soldier rocket jumps towards me I'm watching him the whole time in the air but no matter where i move to, they can always chase me down even if I run directly under them moving forwards through their original position before they jumped they still can get me. What I'm getting at in this one is how can i be just as aggressive? Whats the secret to changing directions mid air or easily chase down people.

Thank you for your time, any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated considering I'm getting way to frustrated with this for a simple game mechanic. I hate to say this but not being able to preform these techniques is ruining my game experience with soldier. I'm getting tired of being bullied by up-close encounters and other jumping soldiers.

Soldier

1. Personal preference, find whats best for you.

2. Most jumps require a standard rocket jump, space + ctrl + m1 (in that order)

3. Angle your RL, then use A/D to strafe.

4. if you really want:
Code: [Select]
//Standard rocketjump
//alias +mate_rocketjump "+jump;+attack"
//alias -mate_rocketjump "-jump;-attack"
//bind "mouse1" "+mate_rocketjump"

5. What do you mean? Speedpogo? Aim your RL slightly up the faster you go, repeat until fail. Bhop? Plugin only afaik. CTF? Go scout.

6. Personal preference again, you can jump just fine with a $5 mouse, getting a $80 one will not help you, although, i recommend a mouse with a flawless sensor(no prediction, etc..) G400s for example is a gr8 choice.

7. You're probably aiming exactly at the wall, you want to aim slightly behind yourself for height/speed. If you want a demonstration, join a jump server and type !skeys, then spec someone decent.

8. WHERES 8 @@@@

9. Practice.

Rocketman

1. Personal Preference, as Grandpa said.

2. Yes. This is called a rocket jump.  You jump, crouch, and fire.

3. As you're about to jump, you should be turning sideways, strafing with A, then doing a rocket jump.

4. I'd advise learning to NOT script.  Scripts are bad, take away control, and screw you. You'll need to unlearn it later when you want to improve. Bad habit.

5. Is handled in most tutorial videos. Adjust your aim according to speed.

6. None of those things you mentioned affects sensitivity in any way. As Grandpa said though, this is all personal preference.

7. Aim.

8. http://i.imgur.com/VgqLX.gif

9. Airstrafing can be done by moving your mouse smoothly in one direction and strafing in that direction (Left + A, Right + D). Practice how tightly you can airstrafe given your current speed to be less predictable.

8. WHERES 8 @@@@

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
1) What buttons should I remap?

I haven't remapped anything for jumping.

6) Am I suppose to have my mouse on super high crazy sensitivity for this? I use just a standard dell mouse 2 buttons and a middle mouse wheel. To make this easier should I get a gaming mouse with side buttons for easier button mapping?

I have a simple logitech mouse. you don't need a gaming mouse in my opinion. sensitivity is preference, my windows sens is 6 (the default) and my tf2 sens is 4.5.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC