Forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Jump_Mirrorsedge  (Read 1672 times)
Fly

((|Crayola|(>
Love the design of the map and looks like a lot of cool freestyle jumps can happen here. Only a few jumps were kinda confusing but after scoping out them out, they're pretty simple, however some fatties kicked me from Big Jumpers House due to classified speed run strats being discussed (callin biiig admin aboose). Only true complaint is that some of the tele triggers were pretty far away from some blocks which was kinda annoying

---------------------------
Tic's previously owned dog

Offline  The BQE
Soldier

Please make the fail teleport further away from the start of the jump because I'm not already walking fucking far enough.

Offline  Hajnal
Maggot

Alright, done.

Offline  Nightin
Fly

jump_mirrorsedge_rc1 some cheats on course 2 Small | Large

Just a few cheats I've found. Some are harder than the actual level, some are easier, most aren't really faster. I used showtriggers because it was easier to do them if I knew where the teles were.

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
jump_mirrorsedge_rc1 some cheats on course 2

Just a few cheats I've found. Some are harder than the actual level, some are easier, most aren't really faster. I used showtriggers because it was easier to do them if I knew where the teles were.

CMON NIGHTIN WHY WOULD YOU LEAK THE SPEEDRUN STRATS@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  Nightin
Fly

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
I thought both courses were pretty straight forward, don't know where this confusion is coming from. Also since you're editing the first course now and adding more teleports: jump_mirrorsedge_rc1 course 1
I don't know if you want to leave that in or not but I think it's a fun skip for speedruns.

pls submit to rotw

Offline  Hajnal
Maggot

Someone help pls

"WARNING: BSP node with unbounded volume (material: TOOLS/TOOLSPLAYERCLIP, near (-7008.000000, 5740.429688, 8.000000))"

Only problem is
1) There's nothing even near those coordinates with playerclip
2) Even after deleting every single instance of playerclip from the map I still get that issue.
3) Google doesn't help.

Map won't even compile now because of this, there's literally no reason why that should even be happening.

Maggot

Preface: this may not help in the slightest but Hammer a picky thing.

I've read to select the whole map, move it to a new file, and save it. I've had to do it and it has worked in the past. At the same time, it may not solve anything at all (i've had both instances happen to me). Not the best advice sry, i'm sure one of the grandfather mappers has a better answer.

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
Someone help pls

"WARNING: BSP node with unbounded volume (material: TOOLS/TOOLSPLAYERCLIP, near (-7008.000000, 5740.429688, 8.000000))"

Only problem is
1) There's nothing even near those coordinates with playerclip
2) Even after deleting every single instance of playerclip from the map I still get that issue.
3) Google doesn't help.

Map won't even compile now because of this, there's literally no reason why that should even be happening.

I believe it's a general error, it happened to me when I accidentally made a displacement a brush entity and I think it also happens when you have a brush that's outside the grid.

Post the full compile log and let drexen come in and be a pro.

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

Yeah.... I'd have to see the vmf. sounds like some invalid brush. Maybe try ALT+P to show the problems menu for anything obvious.

Offline  Hajnal
Maggot

I believe it's a general error, it happened to me when I accidentally made a displacement a brush entity and I think it also happens when you have a brush that's outside the grid.

The logs is pretty much uneventful, all normal then, it just says that and stops.

Yeah.... I'd have to see the vmf. sounds like some invalid brush. Maybe try ALT+P to show the problems menu for anything obvious.

I have no idea why it would be an invalid brush, the map is nothing but cubes, no displacements or anything. Alt + P doesn't give any invalid geometry errors.

It's saying it's a brush with that texture, but even after I delete everything with playerclip is still gives that error.

I'm lost. If you'd like the .vmf let me know.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
the hammer gods have decreed that hajnal be the recipient of a large migraine.

Offline  Hajnal
Maggot

the hammer gods have decreed that hajnal be the recipient of a large migraine.

Stupid glorified Quake editor.  >:(

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

Send me the vmf if you'd like me to fix it/add me on steam

Pages: 1 [2] 3
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC