Forums

Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Jump_Mirrorsedge  (Read 1671 times)
Offline  Hajnal
Maggot

I'll be posting update to this map here every time I do one. This sucks about 100% less than Jump_hajnal.

This map is based off the Mirrors Edge DLC maps, it uses resources created by Mecha The Slag for his Tf2 Parkour mod (which he allows open use of). Course 1 is a combination speedrun/freestyle course, where there's a lot of different ways to get to end (some even skipping most of the course) but this is balanced by the fact that if you mess one of these up, you'll get teleported back to the beginning or an earlier point in the course. You can mainly just fuck around here while you get used to what different color surfaces do in the second course. NOPE

UPDATES WITH RC2:
1)First course is different, is now an ezpz basic training thing. Old course can be accessed by going red.
2)Course two had some general improvements, highlighted certain areas, fixed teleports etc.
3)All most unintentional cheets have been fixed
4)Doors now tele you back jumps.
5)SOOPER SEKERET purple door added.
6)Increased lightmap scale in certain areas.
7)Teleports now closer to the actual jump in most cases where it was needed.
8)Optimized for slightly less lag, and slightly smaller filesize

FUTURE SHIT
2)Fix HDR
3)Re-do some detail objects
4)Bonus jumps
5)Other general fixes
6)Whatever feedback I get

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks to: OvershotBOOT, Pho, Ulb, Hobbes, Sqtl, Ak Ack, and whoever else was in the server or otherwise tested the map (I seriously don't remember, pls tell me)

Also Drexen for helping with an error I was having.

Thanks to: Mecha The Slag for the Mirrors Edge Content, and Afterglow for his mapping resource pack (specifically the Aviator jump).

DOWNLOAD RC1: snipped for consistency

DOWNLOAD RC2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8d462jfp7kjxtb6/jump_mirrorsedge_rc2.bsp
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:18:21 AM by Hajnal »

Offline  ~LeoFLT
Fly

Smoke w33d everyday
YOU MADE ME PROUD BOY

Fly

Registered as Special43004 but playing as Kandrix
Downloading :3

---------------------------
New acc

Old acc

Maggot

Fun map :)

Fly

Registered as Special43004 but playing as Kandrix
My verdict?

Pretty map, fun, but sometimes i'm getting reall disoriented, especially i was lost in first course or wtf was that. But in second jumps are pretty fun :) Great map dude :)

New acc

Old acc

Soldier

Hi
The concept of the first course is pretty bad imo. It wont get played a lot in servers at all. Please fix that

Hi

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
The concept of the first course is pretty bad imo. It wont get played a lot in servers at all. Please fix that

That's some constructive criticism you got there.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
y u do this

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  Nightin
Fly

It will be played by people who want to play it. Personally I think it's really great and the only complaint I have for it is that it's too short.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:37:22 PM by Nightin »

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit

Online  The BQE
Soldier

Why does failing a jump tele me back to an earlier jump? 

edit: I like the theme, but the whole "screw up, and you just might go back to the beginning" is really annoying.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 03:33:33 PM by The BQE »

Rocketeer

Offline  Hajnal
Maggot

Why does failing a jump tele me back to an earlier jump? 

edit: I like the theme, but the whole "screw up, and you just might go back to the beginning" is really annoying.

Nononono

That's just the first course, since it's stupid easy.

Second course is your standard jump map.

So far it's mixed feelings on that first course. I might take it out then. I've updated it, added more teleports and really highlighted the arrows that tell you where to go to make sure you can't possibly get lost. I'm improving some general other things and will have another update up soon.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 04:31:36 PM by Hajnal »

Offline  Nightin
Fly

I thought both courses were pretty straight forward, don't know where this confusion is coming from. Also since you're editing the first course now and adding more teleports:
jump_mirrorsedge_rc1 course 1 Small | Large

I don't know if you want to leave that in or not but I think it's a fun skip for speedruns.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 05:09:44 PM by Nightin »

Offline  Hajnal
Maggot

I thought both courses were pretty straight forward, don't know where this confusion is coming from. Also since you're editing the first course now and adding more teleports: jump_mirrorsedge_rc1 course 1
I don't know if you want to leave that in or not but I think it's a fun skip for speedruns.

That's creative as hell actually, I'm going to have to rethink some teles.

Pages: [1] 2 3
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC