Forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: jump_eons remade  (Read 2316 times)
Rocketman

A couple jumps have teleports to the center of the platform when a right-side teleport would've been nice (not sure which ones), but that's my only complaint! I like it.

Fly

Hi
A couple jumps have teleports to the center of the platform when a right-side teleport would've been nice (not sure which ones), but that's my only complaint! I like it.

I've thought about this for some time and I'm not sure what to do.  For a lot of people it would probably be nice but at the same time I don't want the map to encourage people to become one-sided jumpers.  I'm thinking about moving them to the right but only on certain jumps where the area is quite large (14,16 mainly).

Offline  Shunix
Soldier

Awooooo!
more than 10 jumps?

better than underground

---------------------------

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
more than 10 jumps?

better than underground

pretty sure underground is better than your shitty maps with your low ass ceilings LOL

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999

I've thought about this for some time and I'm not sure what to do.  For a lot of people it would probably be nice but at the same time I don't want the map to encourage people to become one-sided jumpers.  I'm thinking about moving them to the right but only on certain jumps where the area is quite large (14,16 mainly).

keep it in the center

Rocketman

keep it in the center

There's little more frustrating in a map for a beginner jumper than having to spend 3-5 seconds walking to a wall each time you fail.  Considering how easy the map is, that seems like a good target audience to appeal to.

Fly

Hi
keep it in the center

There's little more frustrating in a map for a beginner jumper than having to spend 3-5 seconds walking to a wall each time you fail.  Considering how easy the map is, that seems like a good target audience to appeal to.

Moved tele a little to the right on 14 and 16 only.

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
Jumps 9 and 10 I feel are too lenient.

On jump 13, 14 and 16 one can stand on the buttons
On jump 15 one can skip the whole first section of pogo by rocket jumping up to the 2nd level.

Personal opinions on the detail, the glass (like on 5) and water texture is kinda ugly, there's like a rain/thunderstorm ambience without the actual rain and jump15 is a little dark.

Despite the criticisms, bloody hell the map is pretty, especially the spawn and cap area. Great use of props and displacement, fast opening doors, putting playerclip on the wall jumps, etc

Keep it up~

Maggot

Personal opinions on the detail, the glass (like on 5) and water texture is kinda ugly, there's like a rain/thunderstorm ambience without the actual rain

Yeah agree about the dx7 water and rain would be awesome. Too few jump maps with rain ^^

Fly

Registered as Special43004 but playing as Kandrix
Idk why but i just like this map...

New acc

Old acc

Fly

Hi

On jump 15 one can skip the whole first section of pogo by rocket jumping up to the 2nd level.

Personal opinions on the detail, the glass (like on 5) and water texture is kinda ugly, there's like a rain/thunderstorm ambience without the actual rain and jump15 is a little dark.

Despite the criticisms, bloody hell the map is pretty, especially the spawn and cap area. Great use of props and displacement, fast opening doors, putting playerclip on the wall jumps, etc

Keep it up~

Thanks for letting me know about the buttons, I had no idea.  Also, I knew about the jump on 15 before but decided to keep it because people like it for speedruns.  Do you think it should stay or should I move the platform back?

And as for the water, I've been trying out different waters but they all look funny.  Do you have any recommendations?

Rocketman

I think bshear used to always say to use cp_well water, but I may be mistaken.

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"

Keep it up~

Thanks for letting me know about the buttons, I had no idea.  Also, I knew about the jump on 15 before but decided to keep it because people like it for speedruns.  Do you think it should stay or should I move the platform back?

And as for the water, I've been trying out different waters but they all look funny.  Do you have any recommendations?

Personally I think it's a pretty big cheat that should be fixed

As for the water, water_2fort, water_canals03, water_well is pretty good. The dev_water textures aren't too bad either but some of them don't really work.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit

Fly

Hi
b2 released!  Changes in original post.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC