Forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Rules/Standards for Speedrunning and ideas for improvments  (Read 2205 times)
Offline  Burger
Maggot

well I think its get to A to B as fast as you can as whats possible in the map (most maps it does not even matter since they are full health regen or infinite health). And since everyone can get these items fairly easily its really not hugely important if they stay. But I think trying to maintain health in a run can lead to interesting things, all though it is slower for sure its not necessarily worse. For example in wonderland's run of rckteer_adv, RJ_RCKTEER_ADV SPEEDRUN RECORD you can see how a lot of his decisions have to change to maintain his health (at one point he hangs on with just 1 health). It is a different style of jump but I think it should be respected.

I don't think it's worse just because there's more walking involved, I'm just saying that using rjer/gunboats shouldn't be considered cheating. Maps with regen points should definitely have separate categories for vanilla and unlocks though.

Yes for sure there should be some way to tell if it was vanilla or not if anything.

Soldier

bball
maybe this is a shit idea but from now on maps could have a square where youre supposed to start and the vid of the run has to show the player standing on it.also a demo of the run.

---------------------------
i play bball often

Soldier

Hi

excluding portions of the world (atm players like momiko, onakin, torii, combustion, lambda, skeleton are all excluded unless they want to try with a ton of lag)

Their fault for not installing skillsrank on their servers or not hooking them up to the tf2jump databse, has nothing to do with the plugin.

Lol so thats what u think? You'd think redwine would just give us skillsrank? Me and Dragonerz spent MONTHS last year trying to get JA plus skillsrank. We managed to get JA but not skillsrank cause it was to damn hard to get our hands on

Hi

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

Lol so thats what u think? You'd think redwine would just give us skillsrank? Me and Dragonerz spent MONTHS last year trying to get JA plus skillsrank. We managed to get JA but not skillsrank cause it was to damn hard to get our hands on

Are you serious? Redwine has nothing to do with skillsrank lol
Cranck has a download link for skillsrank somewhere on these forums...

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
Yes quba, but you need database details from redwine, cos i dont have those

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

I know, but it sounded like they were asking him for the actual plugin wich doesnt make much sense.
Anyway, point is its not that hard to get all the stuff you need^^

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/1i9y3x/the_best_demo_jump_speedrun_ive_seen_fribe_on/

This is one reason I'm so insistent on a better system. TF2 jumping DEFINITELY has room to grow. A proper system with WR's and such would be so nice... That topped tf2's subreddit and as you can tell by the comments, most of them are completely non jumpers. Has the potential to draw them in. Honestly quba it just seems like you're pushing against growing tf2 jumping or something, not sure why, but I'd love to see more jumpers and especially higher caliber jumpers.

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

Honestly quba it just seems like you're pushing against growing tf2 jumping or something,

Yes I hate jumping and it should go die in a fire. Also the only thing I said in this thread since your last response is that you can easily get skillsrank working on your server. How the fuck is that even a negative thing to say.

Soldier

Hi

I know, but it sounded like they were asking him for the actual plugin wich doesnt make much sense.
Anyway, point is its not that hard to get all the stuff you need^^
Working sqlite/mysql version link pls

Hi

Soldier

Hi
Honestly quba it just seems like you're pushing against growing tf2 jumping or something,

Yes I hate jumping and it should go die in a fire. Also the only thing I said in this thread since your last response is that you can easily get skillsrank working on your server. How the fuck is that even a negative thing to say.
This is complete bs. If that is so true why is it only Jumpit, chillout, intergalactic are the only servers with skillsrank? Firstly, there is no working plugin for the sqlite version of skillsrank. Secoundly, the only way to get the mysql version is through redwine/cranck, plus redwine wont give the pass to the database anyway.

Hi

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

This is complete bs.

1. There are other servers that have/had skillsrank on them.
2. "the only way to get the mysql version is through redwine/cranck" Is it that hard to add cranck and ask him to upload the most recent skillsrank version?
3. "plus redwine wont give the pass to the database anyway" No shit, he cant just give away the password to random people asking. You need to ask someone for permission to connect your server to the tf2jump db first, idk whos authorized to do that so I'd just ask klanana.

I did all this stuff before so I know it isnt that hard...

Soldier

Hi
This is complete bs.

1. There are other servers that have/had skillsrank on them.
2. "the only way to get the mysql version is through redwine/cranck" Is it that hard to add cranck and ask him to upload the most recent skillsrank version?
3. "plus redwine wont give the pass to the database anyway" No shit, he cant just give away the password to random people asking. You need to ask someone for permission to connect your server to the tf2jump db first, idk whos authorized to do that so I'd just ask klanana.

I did all this stuff before so I know it isnt that hard...
Probably cause u know them. They wont give it to some stranger they dont know. Other servers but most of them use the sqlite version which doesnt work anymore. Dragonerz asked redwine but didnt allow even though we had the mysqlite plugin already but whats the point of having the plugin if it doesnt work without the database.

Hi

Soldier

Hi
Skillsrank aint even working anymore after the steam pipe update anyway

Hi

Offline  adrian
Fly

its working almost perfectly on chillout

Soldier