Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: bball discussion,what do you think is more important deathmatch or jumping  (Read 1025 times)
Soldier

bball
in a perfect world it would be 50:50 but i don't think thats the case
i think this was visible in the last eu bball cup,where the top soldiers,from prem/div1 pretty much dominated the game,even though their jumps were just good enough to get them to the hoop,but they never needed them,because most of the time their opponents were respawning
so i think that goes to show that deathmatch is more important
if gunboats were allowed i think it would shift a bit more towards jumping but thats not the case.
thoughts?

---------------------------
i play bball often

Offline  Krocket
Maggot

Easily Surpassed
When I was playing roamer for a silver team I pretty much all but stopped mge and death match. All I ever did was free style on comp maps. When I roamed I just imagined the medic was the only one I saw. Didn't worry about anyone else unless I needed to. If the medic surfed, I would jump after him. My jumping skills are what dropped so many medics, not my dm.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Soldier

bball
yeah but we are talking about bball
true with a good jump on the med you can take him down in comp though

i play bball often

Offline  Krocket
Maggot

Easily Surpassed
Well I'll never take bball seriously enough to practice for it? Lol. BBall is my favorite past time and it's really just whatever I feel like doing. If I spawn next to a wall I run it. If not I go for l33t airshoots and deny with shotgun if I feel like I need to work on my aim more.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
bball is about double rocket jumps
nothing more

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
bball is about double rocket jumps
nothing more

but where will I show off my hours spent in mge

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  Krocket
Maggot

Easily Surpassed
BBall is about hours of just mindless killing. You ever gotten 2000 points in a bball at like 2am? That's called getting muscle memory down. Though after playing with Exile I'm still complete shit compared.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
On a completely useless level of thought, jumping is more important than dm because you can't cap the intel without jumping. But I guess if you never missed a shot you would only need 1 cap to win (1-0). Either way I prefer jumping because focusing on denying leads to boring hoopshot stalemates

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
On a completely useless level of thought, jumping is more important than dm because you can't cap the intel without jumping. But I guess if you never missed a shot you would only need 1 cap to win (1-0). Either way I prefer jumping because focusing on denying leads to boring hoopshot stalemates

so you guys play with timelimit?
intresting.....

Soldier

if i am playing bball i usually focus on jumps and perfect airstrafes because after all a kill is not that what makes you win caps do win a game (main rule of cp in comp) a kill makes it easier thats true too.
a good mix of dm and jumps are important for good bball.
however if you are a perfect jumper and your oppenent hits everything then you will die although you are an insane jumper.
its dm what makes you win although i wont believe it :(

Soldier

bball
whenever i play bball the time limit is set to like 15 mins,but not once have i had a game that i took longer than that,even if it was really close

i play bball often

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
dm is more important unless they're bad at airshots and then it isn't as necessary.

Offline  Krocket
Maggot

Easily Surpassed
The BBall servers I prefer are once with no time or cap limit. Someone gets on and you just play with no stops until someone has to go. Btw guys go play on Exile's BBall servers. Tis fun :)

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put

so you guys play with timelimit?
intresting.....

Nah, he means in like tournaments. We play unlimited rounds because winning isn't important to us.

Jumping > dm

My dm is absolute shit and I still beat many people with jumps, you can kill two people if you're out of ammo and one of them is about to cap.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Soldier

bball

i dont understand what you were trying to say on that last part
"you can kill two people if you're out of ammo and one of them is about to cap."

i play bball often

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC