Forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: na vs euro bball tourney  (Read 1672 times)
Offline  Josde
Maggot

Worst BBaller / Jumper / Surfer EU
Is this still going?
If so,sign me (http://steamcommunity.com/id/itsJosde) and my friend (http://steamcommunity.com/id/DrSmugleaf) in.
Team name: Rocket Dunking
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:37:51 PM by Josde »

Soldier

bball
This is really a thread to see how it would all work and stuff
i think we haven't gotten to sign ups yet.

---------------------------
i play bball often

Rocketman

We'd need at least two servers, probably one chicago, one germany.

Would likely need to be best of 3, once on each server as to try to avoid 'ping advantage', with first play/tiebreaker being a matter of tournament seeding.

So its really just a matter of scheduling, and whether someone actually wants to get off their ass and admin something. Would end up going slowly based on server swaps, unless people used their own servers.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
i can talk to cranck and ask if we can use his server as EUsv......if this is going somewhere

Soldier

bball
i think the best case scenario would be one server in the uk and one server on the east coast
that way players from na connecting to the uk server will have bad ping yes,but atleast its not gonna be as bad as it would on servers deeper in eu.same for east coast server.
anyway,i think i got a friend whose server we can use.will ask him and stuff.
if we just keep it in jump comunity i think its gonna get like 5-10 teams,which shouldn't be hard to organize.
the real prob is all the time bariers.i remember that bball tourney(the one where wonderland and tlr won,named sorry)I had to play like in 2 am,so i had to ask to be moved to the top of the list,which was still like 11 pm.but we can work that out.
anyway thats all i got
my friends name is scoffer,you can contact him,if you feel like you need to.i will talk to him as soon as i can
edit:
Scoffer said we can use his server
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 11:04:24 AM by DAoliHVAR »

i play bball often

Rocketman

How about this: lets do a signup thread to gauge the amount of teams we'll get.  Then I'll throw together a bracket using random.com, and we can do it over time rather than all in one day, as long as you get your games in.

Sound good? If not post here, I'm going to go make a thread for registers regardless. Signups will end one week from today, and we can discuss more then.

Soldier

bball
good
but since its na vs eu.how will the actual winning go?
at some point probably there will have to be some eu vs eu or na vs na.
i guess what im saying is
will it be na vs eu exclusively or will it just be a bball tourney with na and eu players together?

i play bball often

Rocketman

Two ways of doing it: place all NA on one side of bracket and all EU on other side that way finals are guaranteed NA vs EU.  We can also do all NA vs EU in the first round as a requirement.  Or we can just do a random bracket where it gets randomly distributed.

http://forums.tf2jump.com/index.php/topic,2225.msg14167.html

Signup thread.

Offline  Aurora
Soldier

We can also do all NA vs EU in the first round as a requirement.

Soldier

bball
We can also do all NA vs EU in the first round as a requirement.
true
but i still think that the final game should be between na and eu.
there is no other way to insure that except making all games before that eu vs eu and na vs na,and plus good pings.but thats just my opinion,If the majority wanna play like that who am i to dispute

i play bball often

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
We could, if there are an even amount of teams, give each team only 1 match and tally up the amount of wins per country.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Soldier

bball
hmm,thats pretty smart.
that way only na or eu will win right?
no individual team.
also i feel shitty leaving combustion out of this,maybe he can be team australia,representing the whole continent.

i play bball often

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
hmm,thats pretty smart.
that way only na or eu will win right?
no individual team.
also i feel shitty leaving combustion out of this,maybe he can be team australia,representing the whole continent.

Also each team would have the chance to earn 3 points for their continent, and if one team fucks up we can all talk shit.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Rocketman

Current questions:

Do we allow non-NA non-EU players? If so what continent do we list them as?

http://strawpoll.me/288383

How do we bracket this:

http://strawpoll.me/288392

Probably easiest to do it this way.  If we choose to allow non-NA/EU then we can really only do a random bracket, which means it isn't really NA vs EU, simply one that has both in it.

Soldier

bball
seems that the eu and na seperated is gonna win.
anyway,i think we still haven't made all the rules and things very clear.
since kairu is the runner of the signup thread,can  you make an official rule post.just edit the original i think.
i know it has some rules in it but a few things changed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-EU,and NA,teams will be put in seperate brackets,connecting in the final match,to insure an NA vs EU match.
-All matches except the last one will be played on 1 server(this is optional i guess but i see no reason to switch it up),and this also brings another point.will it be single elimination,or will it be best 2 out of 3 and such.
As for gameplay,i think a few things should be banned,or atleast discouraged.
1.goal tending ofcourse
2.hoopshooting (standing right next to the hoop,and shooting the player right as he is about to cap.this can happen by accident ofcourse,so its not gonna be punishable,unless the player does it very very often.)
3.jump shotgun (another one of those strats,that can be bypassed sure,but it makes for a boring game,and we wanna have fun right)
4.spamming from the fences,same as hoopshooting,as far as punishing goes.

and last demos.
i think demos should ONLY be provided,if a team has a complaint against a different team.
a complaint which has no demo,or atleast 1-2 reputable witnesses will not be accepted.
-------------------------------------
thats all the things i got from this thread so far
any suggestions write below

i play bball often

Pages: 1 [2] 3
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC