Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: anyone remember wonderland's jump from pretty jumps and stuff?  (Read 1306 times)
Soldier

bball
i remember seeing in the description that wonderland found a new way to jump or something
anyone on here know?
from the video:
wonderland recently discovered a new engine bug in tf2 which takes advantage of the client delay caused by commands such as "hud_reloadscheme". This essentially allows you to freeze your model for a short duration, causing many different effects depending on what actions are performed during the freeze. There are many uses caused by this bug which aren't shown in the video, of course if it ever becomes used in regular gameplay it will most likely be banned. Demos of the jumps included can be provided to anyone skeptical of their legitimacy.

why is nobody using this type of jumping if it has even more uses than shown in the vid
just wondering cause its seems pretty cool and all
if anyone doesn't know here it is http://youtu.be/IZkuj0RFQWo?t=7m23s

---------------------------
i play bball often

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put

why is nobody using this type of jumping if it has even more uses than shown in the vid

Because it's stupid

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Soldier

bball
yeah i see where you are coming from seeing that it needs a console command to be executed
still maybe some potential though

i play bball often

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
yeah i see where you are coming from seeing that it needs a console command to be executed
still maybe some potential though

All it's used for is cheating syncs/ wallpogos

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  ~LeoFLT
Fly

Smoke w33d everyday
still maybe some potential  though

Actually i made this trick on jump_measure, with series of aliases that do multiple freezes and timed shoots, and it worked, with the small detail that it only worked on a listener server, as the rocket freezed with the game itself, mading it impossible for normal servers as if you freeze your rocket still explodes before you return of this state, just to clarify i'm not giving this to anyone because it could pretty much ruin the intended ways of some jumps to be made, ALSO BIG PROPS to Lambda for hooking me up with his friend so i could work on this.

Edit: It sucks btw, dont do this to yourself...

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:13:13 PM by ~LeoFLT »

Fly

((|Crayola|(>
well there is really no reason to use it in competitive, it leaves you vulnerable since it leaves you frozen for a couple of seconds, whether if you're in the air or attempting to do a "boosted" jump. Also people will easily abuse it for jump maps, whether if it's syncs, wall climbs or any other different gay fat homosexual things.

Tic's previously owned dog

Fly

2Tired2Pogo
well there is really no reason to use it in competitive, it leaves you vulnerable since it leaves you frozen for a couple of seconds, whether if you're in the air or attempting to do a "boosted" jump. Also people will easily abuse it for jump maps, whether if it's syncs, wall climbs or any other different gay fat homosexual things.

Idk seems like it could make for some good hiding spots

Soldier

we had this topic a few month ago and we all were sure this trick will be abused at all.

Rocketman

Could totally be abused in competitive.  Imagine a bombing roamer who launches in from around a choke with the power of a triple rocket jump because his medic healed him through his freeze bind and reload. Launches in with 4 rockets left and fucks shit up.

This is one of the many reasons people don't share it.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
just don't

Offline  Krocket
Maggot

Easily Surpassed
Could totally be abused in competitive.  Imagine a bombing roamer who launches in from around a choke with the power of a triple rocket jump because his medic healed him through his freeze bind and reload. Launches in with 4 rockets left and fucks shit up.

Exactly

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Soldier

bball

This is one of the many reasons people don't share it.
very true
and,If people did start using it,it will spread like wildfire i think,imagine the shitstorm that would create,if every roamer knew how to do this.

i play bball often

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
wouldn't take long before the commands were blocked by the leagues

Offline  cough
Maggot

I honestly don't see how it would be an issue in competitive - Not saying it's useless, quite the opposite, but it would get flagged and disabled in comp. before it could even be an issue. If you want to get your matches overturned pretty sure there are easier ways.

As it stands it's simply a way to cheat jump maps. You could bring in the ctap argument as I recall people did last time this thread came up, but comparing a glitch that requires the use of a cvar to a ctap is kindof retarded imo. I'm not even sure if the way I do it is exactly the same as wonderland's method, but I seem to get the same result so whatever.

tl;dr I think the idea that it becoming more public would break the game is stupid (see comp banning it argument above and Valve being a lot more active fixing glitches as of late), but I do understand why people want to keep it under their hats.

Rocketman

tl;dr I think the idea that it becoming more public would break the game is stupid (see comp banning it argument above and Valve being a lot more active fixing glitches as of late), but I do understand why people want to keep it under their hats.

Would it break the game if it became public? No.

Would it mess with comp (outside of a few low-key games people don't notice)? No, probably not.

Is it worth the mess of it by willingly spreading it? I say no, myself.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC