Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mapping  (Read 1778 times)
Maggot

So, some maps on both surfit and susurfit are broken (mostly boosters). I have brought this up to Raiin and I tired to get someone to ask kelao. A tf2 update broke them, I am pretty sure it was the steampipe update, but I not completely sure. It would be nice to have someone who knows how to map to come and fix these. Below are the list of maps that I have found that are broken atm:

Surf_lt_omnific - Stage 10 (maybe 11), the booster is broken and gives way to much speed. Currently beatable but not the way it is attended

Surf_eternal_beta - The beginning booster on stage 2 is broken, this booster also gives you more speed then attended. Also still beatable

Surf_fast - Not just surf_fast but any map that increases your max velocity are unbeatable.

Surf_the_gloaming - I recently found this, I dont really know if it matters, but the telehop doesn't work and you get sent to the jail instead of the beginning of the map when you fail. This is the same for surf_graphia, graphia has been broken forever.

These are all the things I have found, I hope I don't sound to pushy but having a mapper that fixes the maps their regularly would be fantastic. Also having someone that converts more maps? Compared to our ~100 maps on surfit to ~300 on ksf, having more maps on surfit might get us more players? Maybe?

Well, you find anymore problems with maps just put them here I guess. Hope we find someone. Thanks

---------------------------
I play games, you?

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
I know nothing about fixing maps so i cant help with that... but im guessing these maps are broken on both surf it and ksf? Regarding the 200+ additional maps that they have and we dont... are those maps we can get and add or what? I know kelao used to share all the maps he ported with us so I am not sure if he doesn't want to do that if they have 3 times the maps we do.

Having someone convert maps that have already been converted sounds silly to me.

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Soldier

This inst the first time pushes have been broken - doubt it will be the last.

Each of those maps are compiled from a source. The only person who has that source is the mapper (or porter).

As for decompiling, thats a whole other bag of tricks.

Long story short, unless Kelao wants to go fix all the ones he ported (which is no small task), the only way they would be fixed is if valve restored how the game engine handles it.

Offline  Kelao
Maggot

I know kelao used to share all the maps he ported with us so I am not sure if he doesn't want to do that if they have 3 times the maps we do.

I was just converting maps that I wanted to surf in TF2, which means a vast majory of the un-converted maps are ones that I didn't like for a variety of reasons:

Too much work resizing for TF2 character models.
Too many slanted bhops that don't work reliably in TF2.
Poorly made (in my opinion) surf maps.
A multitude of compile errors, some potentially unfixable.

...unless Kelao wants to go fix all the ones he ported (which is no small task)...

Yeah, no thanks, I'm not re-compiling anything. Unless the maps can be fixed with Stripper (ask panzer), they may as well get removed.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
I gotcha kelao - You know we are so grateful for the maps you did convert (even if they were just the maps you wanted to play  :D ) - I just wasnt sure if you were still doing maps and they just werent being added to surfit. If the servers are short 200+ surf maps I was just wondering where all those maps are coming from - is there some mystery map person i need to go beg to share with us too?

Just trying to figure out whats goin on!

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  Kelao
Maggot

If the servers are short 200+ surf maps I was just wondering where all those maps are coming from

I think you might be misunderstanding something. The server isn't short of 200+ surfmaps that other TF2 servers have, rather it's 200+ surfmaps that are only in (and made for) CSS. Phorofor just wants more maps converted to TF2

I don't know of any other magical people you can ask, just hope someone steps up to the plate.  :(

Maggot

i surf in the game team fortress 2
Wish I knew how to port maps from CS:S to TF2, if so I would spend a lot of time converting maps for glory to SurfiT & SusurfiT. Btw surf_fruits is also broken (stage apples).

Fly

video games
Wish I knew how to port maps from CS:S to TF2, if so I would spend a lot of time converting maps for glory to SurfiT & SusurfiT. Btw surf_fruits is also broken (stage apples).

http://forums.tf2jump.com/index.php/topic,611.0.html

Maggot

i surf in the game team fortress 2

http://forums.tf2jump.com/index.php/topic,611.0.html

Wow, I can't believe I haven't seen this post before, thanks man.

Offline  kawaii
Maggot

If stripper can't fix the maps, what would we do with all the previous versions of maps out there?
I wouldn't want any _rc1 or whatever at the end. For some reason, it looks "messy" to me.

edit: also, someone needs to make a list of surf maps people want, it'd be easier.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 08:56:52 PM by kawaii »

Maggot

Entre sueno y sueno...
As far as fixing boosters, meh. That's a hell of a time consuming task decompiling maps, finding the problem, fixing the problem, then spending the next 5 hours debugging and trying to figure out why the fix doesn't work.

If stripper can't fix the maps, what would we do with all the previous versions of maps out there?
I wouldn't want any _rc1 or whatever at the end. For some reason, it looks "messy" to me.

edit: also, someone needs to make a list of surf maps people want, it'd be easier.

Really nothing you can do. Have to modify the name of the map in order to workaround "Your map is different from the server's" bullhockey and keeping most people from turning away, thus potentially reducing numbers on the server because a bunch of *ahem* noobs don't know how to navigate to the forums and get a proper map d/l. Unless there's something we can do...but I can't really think of a workaround for that atm.

I'll drop my balls and step up to the plate. I've been putting a considerable amount of time in getting maps and trying to convert...but double checking which maps the server has compared to what people want compared to what maps are out there is a daunting task.

I'm pretty glad I'm sportin a swangin pair of steel. Blue, you can step up too, son. Like you said last night....resurrect surf.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...dead bodies to the kitchen.
~Grog, Mutant League Football

Maggot

I would love to convert some maps, I just haven't studied Kelao's thread enough. Some parts are still confusing for me. (I.E. I dont fully understand how to take the custom textures out of a css map. I can pack them in a tf2 map no prob.) Amongst other things.

Maggot

Entre sueno y sueno...
I would love to convert some maps, I just haven't studied Kelao's thread enough. Some parts are still confusing for me. (I.E. I dont fully understand how to take the custom textures out of a css map. I can pack them in a tf2 map no prob.) Amongst other things.

If ya want, I can walk you through GCFScape. That's what I use. It's pretty easy.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust...dead bodies to the kitchen.
~Grog, Mutant League Football

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC