Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: TF2 Bhop no plugin  (Read 2028 times)
Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
kairu, the classes each have their own speedcaps, heavy being... 230 i think?
(so speedcaps per class, and an overall speedcap as absolute maxspeed on ground)

so each time he hits the ground itll reset to 230, now as most ppl will have noticed when trying to bhop after a rocketjump, or on downward slopes or stuff, sometimes your speed will not reset and you ACTUALLY bhop as in retain your speed, this however i can not replicate consistently, thus actual bhop seems impossible (even with scripts)

however, airaccel ofc gives some power, say you stay in air for 2sec, and with airaccel 10, that could give you 20ish speed extra on a jump, without bhop cos its just strafing (or a longjump as its called in css i think)

(in fact d = Vo*t + .5at^2 so ? = 230*2 + .5*10*2^2 = 480 units far jump for heavy with optimal strafing?
(assuming he stays in air for 2sec, i just guessed something for that)
(so i may have got something wrong there though but just as example)

to come back to the 520 cap, with mods i can change classes maxspeed, but i can't increase them beyond 520
so thats the overall maxcap

although once again, sometimes the engine breaks and a bhop works
and notice, that in my testing it seems to work most often around 700-800 ish speed, or below it, but that may just be cos its harder to time bhop at higher speeds, and all in all, in no way have i got it to be consistent

(all of the above in turn then also explains that my bhop mods dont actually give bhop, since they make you jump before it considers you to be onground cos otherwise the cap would be 520, which i asked valve to make a softcap or changeable.. but they dont wanna :( )

EDIT: oops one thing i forgot, if valve is consistent in how they check the speed vectors, then the speedcaps per class are slightly higher then the ones listed here https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/TF2/Team_Fortress_2_Mapper%27s_Reference

but only if you have speed in more then 1 direction (which is hard not to have since moving at exactly 0/90/180/270 or 360 degrees is kinda hard)

so if indeed valve is consistent, then you should be able to go fastest when going 45/135/225 or 315 degrees
didnt test that though, so mere speculation but ye... in other cases regarding speed valve checks per float, so if they also do that for groundspeed, then all this should be relatively accurate

EDIT2: also 1lolol7, im interested, could you make a similar clip like that but with cl_showpos 1 showing? or even better yet with /speedo from tf2turbo, or one of my bhop plugins (since that one only displays horizontal speed which is what we are after)

i'd just like to make sure, maybe valve changed something i'm not aware of in the mvm stuff, since they did change a damn lot in those updates
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:53:37 AM by CrancK »

---------------------------

Offline  1lolol7
Maggot

heres the speed when bhopping
tf2 bhop speed

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
One thing why TF2 can't be normally bhopped. Its still same engine, but TF2 is slightly modified. Normally, CS engine is kinda "fully accessable" by default. You can edit any variable you want. But TF2, since its F2P and more popular, to be more safe from console hackers, has engine modified, so some essential physics can't be modified by default. You can bypass this by using SourceMod on your server. So, thing why CS is Bhoppable is, that cvar sv_airacceleration is set to 150 by default. That's why you're able to get speed with strafe. In TF2 is this cvar hidden, and its set to 1 i think. Thats why you simply can't get speed with strafing. You can Bhop if u mean just jumping, but not, if u wanna get speed with it. But for example on jump/surf servers is sv_airaccel + sv_accel + sv_wateraccel modified, so you're able to get speed with bhop, or keep movement speed with bhop. And if u want that bhop script, i had one topic with mine on theese phorums. It will keep you jumping everytime u touch the floor. Works everytime on jump/surf servers, but on some servers without support of wait command it can cause lag (have i found magical "upward force cancellation?? :D"). So please, use it on jump/surf servers to dont lag your game :)

QuBA is right, nearly everything you posted is completely wrong. Don't post on these forums if you lack any knowledge on the subject.

Soldier

i'd just like to make sure, maybe valve changed something i'm not aware of in the mvm stuff, since they did change a damn lot in those updates

DeselectYourMind/Mike (i think the canada one) did upload a lot of bhop jumps with skeys about 8 month ago. It seems it did already work before the mvm update came out.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
ok... that is superinteresting... 1lolol7 speed seems to stay above 320, although not by much,  any bit above it is something, and something that i cannot reproduce

cos like originally, i thought all you or any other person would be doing to your speed would be simply caused by the strafing and then it'd reset, also i checked it seems the groundspeed is checked as a whole vector, so thats also not the reason you can be slightly above the limit...

so ye... interesting shit

i wonder if i could use this somehow.. but right now i dunno yet

(i'd still like to see someone bhop using speedo though, just cos its more precise, but at least i'm not doubting it anymore :P)

Offline  1lolol7
Maggot

what server has speedo? is that the bhop on the jump server?

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
i think the bhop on chillout and jumpit has speedo function in it

however i found a bug where in a certain version, you need to activate bhop to activate speedo.. which is obviously not what we want....

so im not sure, i fixed the version that was broken, but the version on chillout and jumpit is ancient.. so im not sure that one eeven has that bug in it, ill have to check that sometime

if it is bugged... ill upload you a fixed version, or if you're eu then you could do it on my testserver
(hmm if american i can try asking someone to lend me a server for a bit)

Rocketeer

version that was broken, but the version on chillout and jumpit is ancient.. so im not sure that one eeven has that bug in it, ill have to check that sometime

I'm 99% sure the chilloutzone version works correctly, without bhop, or with it, doesn't matter.

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC