Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: TF2 Bhop no plugin  (Read 2028 times)
Offline  1lolol7
Maggot

I made this because a lot of idiots on the server think its impossible to bhop without a plugin or a script

TF2 Bhopping

Rocketman

Though, yes it's possible to do some very limited bhopping, I believe it cuts out after a few jumps either causing you to slow, or just not increasing speed? It's still nothing like the bhopping that one would imply like in CS or quake.

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
hmm this makes me wonder if prestrafing makes a difference in tf2

Xtreme-Jumps.eu Kreedz Tutorial - Prestrafe

Basically you have more speed by the time you jump if you strafe on the floor like that in a 90 degree angle. Back in CS anyways...

---------------------------

Offline  1lolol7
Maggot

Though, yes it's possible to do some very limited bhopping, I believe it cuts out after a few jumps either causing you to slow, or just not increasing speed? It's still nothing like the bhopping that one would imply like in CS or quake.
you dont lose speed but theres a small limit its very useful to bhop if your a spy you can easily go faster then a medic with bhopping and to get faster backstabs

Offline  kawaii
Maggot

Xtreme-Jumps.eu Kreedz Tutorial - Prestrafe

Basically you have more speed by the time you jump if you strafe on the floor like that in a 90 degree angle. Back in CS anyways...

Sadly this doesn't work...
too much friction?

this bhop video gives me hope for something
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:00:47 AM by kawaii »

Maggot

nope i try 235 block as solly pre dosnt work here (230 - 232 poss without pre ) ...235 bhop as solli is ez...and 260 bhop as spy also....
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:03:53 PM by KraXXXel »

Rocketman

So is the "max speed" of each class something hard-coded into the game? Or is it an easy-access cvar that can be changed for a server to have 'actual bhop' without a plugin?

Offline  1lolol7
Maggot

nope i try 235 block as solly pre dosnt work here (230 - 232 poss without pre ) ...235 bhop as solli is ez...and 260 bhop as spy also....
ive done 340 bhop with spy

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
maxspeed as hardcoded goes up to 520, classes speeds are set in ctx file i think (though also changeable in other ways), but can't go past 520

(NOTE this is while onground, and prolly applies per float in a vector, rather then the resultant speed from a vector, at least if valve is consistent.... which i dunno)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 05:35:24 AM by CrancK »

Fly

Registered as Special43004 but playing as Kandrix
One thing why TF2 can't be normally bhopped. Its still same engine, but TF2 is slightly modified. Normally, CS engine is kinda "fully accessable" by default. You can edit any variable you want. But TF2, since its F2P and more popular, to be more safe from console hackers, has engine modified, so some essential physics can't be modified by default. You can bypass this by using SourceMod on your server. So, thing why CS is Bhoppable is, that cvar sv_airacceleration is set to 150 by default. That's why you're able to get speed with strafe. In TF2 is this cvar hidden, and its set to 1 i think. Thats why you simply can't get speed with strafing. You can Bhop if u mean just jumping, but not, if u wanna get speed with it. But for example on jump/surf servers is sv_airaccel + sv_accel + sv_wateraccel modified, so you're able to get speed with bhop, or keep movement speed with bhop. And if u want that bhop script, i had one topic with mine on theese phorums. It will keep you jumping everytime u touch the floor. Works everytime on jump/surf servers, but on some servers without support of wait command it can cause lag (have i found magical "upward force cancellation?? :D"). So please, use it on jump/surf servers to dont lag your game :)

New acc

Old acc

Maggot

GOOGLE POWERS, BIOTCH
If, for example, you get boosted by a setry or or rocketjump, can you retain your speed at least for 1 jump?

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

blablabla

Im sorry, but I dont think it wouldve been possible to have more wrong facts in that post lol

Fly

Registered as Special43004 but playing as Kandrix
Then you can correct me QuBA. I dont say it must be everything 100% right, but its better to correct it than writing "havent seen too many mistakes u niggah"

New acc

Old acc

Offline  1lolol7
Maggot

If, for example, you get boosted by a setry or or rocketjump, can you retain your speed at least for 1 jump?
no you cant and people having a lot of airccelerate so you can strafe faster doesnt make bhop any faster the fastest possible bhop is done on default servers

Rocketman

maxspeed as hardcoded goes up to 520, classes speeds are set in ctx file i think (though also changeable in other ways), but can't go past 520

(NOTE this is while onground, and prolly applies per float in a vector, rather then the resultant speed from a vector, at least if valve is consistent.... which i dunno)

Is the value the same for each class? Is it actually possible to see a heavy start bhopping to mid at 520 u/s (if so, why havn't we?), or is airaccel too small to see him actually gain speed quickly enough?

Then you can correct me QuBA. I dont say it must be everything 100% right, but its better to correct it than writing "havent seen too many mistakes u niggah"

The information is already in the thread.  Bhop is possible up to a max speed of 520 u/s, regardless of airaccel settings. 

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC