Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ctapping/Duck Tapping Help  (Read 1519 times)
Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
Can anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to perform a ctap? I've heard from someone you just need to tap it slightly and from another person that you don't press crouch when you press space. Any help would be appreciated :D

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
http://tf2jump.com/articles/view/63

It's like people dont look at the website or somethin

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
It's like people dont look at the website or somethin
You couldn't count on 2 hands how many air pogo threads there have been.
Ctap threads are getting close...

---------------------------

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

Maybe if there was one definitive tutorial on ctapping and air pogoing stickied on the jump help page

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
I forgot to mention that I've checked the actual website and other sources for information... that guide hasn't helped me, that's why I made this post.

Rocketman

I forgot to mention that I've checked the actual website and other sources for information... that guide hasn't helped me, that's why I made this post.

That's because it's all based on timing.  You can't just watch a video and be comfortable with a timing.  You tap crouch, you release crouch, then you fire+jump.  Practice the timing, get better at it. You can't just have a magic tutorial for this kind of thing, the only way to learn it is to just do it.

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
Thanks for the help and yeah... I know you can't just learn something just like that.

Soldier

Maybe if there was one definitive tutorial on ctapping and air pogoing stickied on the jump help page
a clearly ctap tutorial is maybe possible but airpogo is a lot more diffrent i dont know but i think it is too hard to make one which says all. i cant do long airpogos but i think so would raiin this say too.

you really need to learn ctap though training. go on jump_legion_beta2 (i think this was the name?) and go to the ctap jump try it out get a feeling for the timing then try it if you are walking. :)
have fun

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

The same explanation that Kairu has given you is on EVERY OTHER CTAP THREAD.

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Learning ctap is a matter of finding out what the keypresses and rough timings are and then using trial and error and practice to find out what the exact timings are as well as develop consistency. Go practice now; posting in this thread can't really help you further. Good luck!

Offline  snufkin
Soldier

hurtme -9999999
Thanks everyone for your help :D

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC