Forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: random easter egg?  (Read 5459 times)
Rocketman

A summary so far:

Map one and two

-Hidden link found in the run of the week video, the blog:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The link led to a download of bomb's newest beta, and the numbers led to a server, by replacing the slashes accordingly.  On this server we loaded up jump_aviator, and in which we found a QR code, which was a link to a map: Jump_squared, made by K². 

Map three:

A new blog post arrived:

In one of the images was a mediafire link. The .rar in which was passworded! How did we find it out? Another blog post of course:

After some server troubles, we loaded up jump quake, and hidden on one of the numbs was a series of numbers, which was the password for jump_termywermy, a new map by afterglow.

Map four:

A new blog post arrives, a series of 0's, 1's, and a couple 2's. 

Upon entry in a binary translator (wtf 2's?) it was a passworded mediafire link for jump_inhouse, a new alpha version of Cranck's freestlye map!  Posted along with that binary was a pastebin

http://pastebin.com/Sx6Bk92b

What did this mean?  Well if you take note of the first character in each column, 'CHEVAL'.  We booted up cheval and found a series of numbers.  Unfortunately, unlike last time, these numbers weren't the password.  What did they mean then?  Turns out about 30 minutes later of testing combinations, it clicked.  The numbers painted referred to an order, and the stage # they were on was to be used. 27, 1, 20, 5, 18, 25, 11, 9, 24.  271205182511924 worked as the password.

Map five:

"my captors seem to be rather dissatisfied with the amount of participation this is receiving"

I wonder what this could mean?

A few days later, the blog updated with a post that said 'aaaaa'.  Upon loading into the server, there was a new map on the nominate list named 'aaaaaaaa'.  Upon loading the map, it seemed to be a small area with 10 timed switches.  Oh... that's what it meant.  We got 10 people into the server after much trouble, and activated them all at once.  This led us to a mediafire link containing: coop_jump_minecraft, a new map by bshear.  Unfortunately we had some server troubles, but I was able to host it on mine with some communication with the plugin creator Voided.

Map six:

New blog post!

Obviously some sort of alphabet cypher.  Hrmm, that's a link at the start for sure, and given the format/past used links, that seems to be a mediafire link.  I started writing a list of each letter, and noting h=w, n=m, etc.  After finishing the .com I noticed a pattern: the alphabet was just entirely reversed, a=z, b=y, c=x, etc.  Upon translation, the link contained coopjump_minecraft! Wait... what?

Barry had obviously made a small mistake  :D

He then added me on skype and gave me a link to the real intended map: coopjump_soldierbuddies, another coop map by bshear.

Also on skype, he gave me two links, leading to maps seven and eight:

Maps seven and eight:

One contained a passworded download, and the other an mp3 titled 'this is the password'.  In the mp3, was actually morse code! upon translation, the password for the .rar was 'thisisthepassword'.  Cute  :-*

In this .rar was jump_elsoqo. and jump_exile, made by each person respectively.

That is the last we've heard for now.  Is it over? Maybe.  If so it was really fun, and thanks to Barry and all those involved.  If not, I'll be awaiting the next puzzle.

Thanks.

Rocketeer

Why didnt you tell about the two last maps yet???? Until now.

---------------------------

Rocketman

Slipped my mind, that's why I came to post.  (Not like I was the only person there, anyway.  They didn't post either!)

Also kinda feel that they'd want to officially release their map, not have me post it in here.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 03:05:54 PM by Kairu927 »

Offline  EXC0
Maggot

19-15-18-18-25 6-15-18 20-8-5 12-1-3-11 15-6 21-16-4-1-20-5-19
19-21-14-4-1-25  Q:00
16-19-20

sorry for the lack of updates, Q:00 PST

THE Q IS OBVIOUSLY A SUNDIAL, and 0 is midnight or noon.

Rocketeer

19-15-18-18-25 6-15-18 20-8-5 12-1-3-11 15-6 21-16-4-1-20-5-19
19-21-14-4-1-25  Q:00
16-19-20

sorry for the lack of updates, Q:00 PST

THE Q IS OBVIOUSLY A SUNDIAL, and 0 is midnight or noon.
you forgot to translate "19-21-14-4-1-25" sundial... So ye, sundail

Rocketman

Sunday, not sundial.

Rocketeer

Sunday, not sundial.
HAHA I fail, just translated the first 3 or 4 letters.

Offline  Torii
Soldier

Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
New post up.

"search the castle"

Pretty sure we all know the map it refers to.

Rocketman

New post up.

"search the castle"

Pretty sure we all know the map it refers to.

You probably thought wrong.

It was on twist last point.  There were 3 segments of a QR code which combined to a download link for jump_shiver, a map by bshear.

http://www.mediafire.com/?da5383shrxppvr0

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
you guys are fuckin' cray

slow down :v

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Rocketman

Rocketeer

Anyone cared to check out the last two new post:

check the volcano
watch the signs

And the newest:

http://www.mediafire.com/?idxkigc2pwkwugd

Rocketman

Logged onto the server, played through volcano, noticed
  Entered that as password and it worked!

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Wow jump_emulation is seriously one of the coolest maps I've ever seen. A great style to it, though the striped blue/orange textures seem out of place with the theme tbh.

As for jumps though... just meh. I feel that the difficulty curve is wack and some of the jumps are just stupidly frustrating because of the limited space they have, such as all the ones involving pipe grenades. The map is also confusing as fuck to learn... Lots of invisible walls.

Here's some screenies I took cuz it looks amazinngggg

This jump in particular I thought was super cool (except the door that opens stays open and the black door at the end doesn't work, and you could prolly cheat it super easily by just shooting stickies onto the right buttons from the ending platform). I think you could really expand on a jump like this and make a truly awesome jump with this concept.

Overall very cool map though, some really original jumps in there. 8/10. Would be 10/10 if some of the jumps were improved. Also I hate the god damn capture the flag hud. Should have a cap point imo, not intel.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:11:18 PM by Afterglow »

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
you could prolly cheat it super easily by just shooting stickies onto the right buttons from the ending platform
No, you can't do that.

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC