Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has the Source Engine/TF2 truly been pushed to the limits on everything?  (Read 1010 times)
Offline  deep
Maggot

I'm really wondering this, because I keep hearing that every possible jump technique has already been documented, but I'm wondering maybe there's some obscure jump technique I haven't heard of yet?

I recently discovered that jumping off friendly buildings gives you a slight speed boost, and I'm wondering if the same can be said of friendly players too. If you bunch up like 10 people in a corner from your team, will you get pushed insanely far? Some small things, interesting things like that.

I'd like to know what other obscure jump techniques there are, every last one of them.

Soldier

The teammate/building knockback only works when you have tf_avoidteammates_pushaway 0, this was the default setting before they added the setting to turn it off.

I doubt absolutely everything has been discovered. When you have software as complex as the source engine, you will never find 100% of the bugs ever.

Maggot

i think there are a lot of undiscovered techniques since theres no challenge between players, so they dont need better times, longer jumps, etc

it doesnt have to be bug, it can be something like double crouch sticky jump

it needs official site with world records, not only times, but high jumps (ctap), long jumps, pogos,..or skip jump on small platform ("bhop" jump)....

Soldier

Bounce syncs in foundation inc

Rocketman

End it with an edgeshot.

Offline  deep
Maggot

Where can I find a video showing what this is?

Rocketman

Where can I find a video showing what this is?

TF2 Jump Quickie | jump_soar bonus 1

This is a bounce.

You bug the engine by spending a frame or two 'landed' on the platform, and can fire a rocket to gain height.  This is specific to very drop heights, and not much is known about them, but Myself, bshear, and exco are doing mathy testy shit to try to find new heights (and making some awesome discoveries).

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Myself, bshear, and exco are doing mathy testy shit to try to find new heights (and making some awesome discoveries).

aka you guys have way too much time

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Silence! Be thankful los dudes do our dirty work and push for more awesomeness.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC