Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: STAR-induced traffic  (Read 1871 times)
Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
Since STAR released this vid

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jujump iT and Jump iT are guaranteed to recieve more traffic. I would like to mention a few things:

1. More jumpers = good. Don't be a dick to new people.
2. There will be someone at some point who insists, without any understandinf og jumping, that STAR is best jumper. Try to ignore these people.

Let's be nice people

Soldier

Point people towards videos like Pretty Jumps n Stuff to show just how far jumping can go.

Taking a little time out of normal practice to show someone new to rocket jumping the basics can be quite rewarding. Also stress the importance of practising to new players. Quite often they will be very casual players and not many of them will know how much practice they need to get something.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
This is all very true - I am already so proud at how helpful most people on the servers are. Be nice to new people!!!!

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  STAR_
Maggot

2. There will be someone at some point who insists, without any understandinf og jumping, that STAR is best jumper. Try to ignore these people.

On a personal note, thankyou for that. Many people end up thinking my personality is representative of things other people have said about me that I have no control over. Even if the video isn't perfect, it was a good thing to do and still people will dislike me for doing it

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
I'm always surprised at how enormous your viewer base is. I don't think any other person making a video would cause such a huge influx of new jumpers.

Fly

Sheep
I'm always surprised at how enormous your viewer base is. I don't think any other person making a video would cause such a huge influx of new jumpers.
ya he have many subscribers , it will be great if he share the upcoming movies :~D

Offline  House
Fly

A Doctor
i will now come back to beat up every new jumper ever

just kidding, it's cool to have an influx of newer jumpers

Offline  adrian
Fly

Even if the video isn't perfect, it was a good thing to do.
[/quote]

I gotta say i agree. Never hurts to get more introduction videos to jumping and i guess this can only help the tf2jump scene overall so thanks

Rocketman

On a personal note, thankyou for that. Many people end up thinking my personality is representative of things other people have said about me that I have no control over. Even if the video isn't perfect, it was a good thing to do and still people will dislike me for doing it

Shameless request for a tf2rjweekly shoutout for Tort/Afterglow  :D

Offline  Scotteh
Fly

¬_¬
I thought it was a good video. It would have been much better if you emphasized how to do a basic rocket jump though (jump + crouch + shoot at the same time) because most people can't even do that.

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
I'm quite surprised STAR_ actually  made an account here.
New players is always good, even if they're annoying at first.

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Fly

2Tired2Pogo
i will now come back to beat up every new jumper ever
plz do

Soldier

i over use smiley faces...problem? *trollface*
every time new players come on the server, i tend to find they either join jumpit, get frustrated and leave forever, or they go to jujumpit, but its on what could be seen as a rather difficult map to new players. so before stressing practice, stress the fact that if you get frustrated it makes it all the more difficult, because the more frustrated you are the more careless you become, or at least i have noticed that.

Rocketman

every time new players come on the server, i tend to find they either join jumpit, get frustrated and leave forever, or they go to jujumpit, but its on what could be seen as a rather difficult map to new players. so before stressing practice, stress the fact that if you get frustrated it makes it all the more difficult, because the more frustrated you are the more careless you become, or at least i have noticed that.

If you're prone to get frustrated and quit so quickly, then jumping isn't for you (them). It will happen a LOT.

Offline  Zigzter
Fly

If you're prone to get frustrated and quit so quickly, then jumping life isn't for you (them). It will happen a LOT.
Fixed.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC