Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Somethings about tf2jumping and jump movies  (Read 2124 times)
Offline  feebl
Maggot

Browsing tutorials.
Seems general enough a discussion for me.

We just need someone to fill in dellort's shoes and take up the torch of movie-making...
among you enough movie-makers :). or i'm wrong?

You're right in the sense that we have enough people capable of making movies, but back when dellort made movies he was THE person to send all of your jumps to. Because of this, dellort's movies always displayed a wide variety of jumps of extremely high quality, which made the community look really good (hence dell's latest movie winning third in the Boneyard Productions Competition).

Now that he's quit though, all the more recent democalls I've seen have been a bit lower in profile and smaller in scale. As a result the post-Pretty Jumps movies tend to be shorter in length and don't quite measure up to dellort's movies.

As we got a whole site at our disposal, can't you just make a space where all the demo's can be uploaded? Make it private, in the sense that only people who are registered can see and download the demos. Make up a format, e.g.: nickname_date_jump sort_map or something similar. That way you can ensure that the diversity and volume of jump material is maintained.

Soldier

i over use smiley faces...problem? *trollface*
making jumps original is difficult, especially trying to keep it within regions of soldier and demoman, if some genius finds out a way to jump as a bunch of the other classes then brilliant...the only thing that breaks away from the soldier and demo jumping is boston basher with scout, and its difficult to make that interesting.

Soldier

making jumps original is difficult, especially trying to keep it within regions of soldier and demoman, if some genius finds out a way to jump as a bunch of the other classes then brilliant...the only thing that breaks away from the soldier and demo jumping is boston basher with scout, and its difficult to make that interesting.

Reflect jumping/sentry jumping, although these are quite limited and maybe even already tapped out.

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC