Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EASIER demo jump maps?  (Read 1044 times)
Offline  unknown
Maggot

Hey, I like demo jumping, but all the maps seems sooooo insanely hard. It's ridiculous. Are there any easier demo jump maps that have an easy-medium skill level?

Rocketman

Offline  unknown
Maggot

Please don't stuck up.

Soldier

From the thread that I made (it's still on the front page, did you even look?), jump_bob and jump embrace are very good for beginners, jump_what easy course is decent once you get some of the basics down and jump_rush is good to work on strafing, but not necessarily sticky jumping as it is intended to be an easy soldier map

Offline  uaa
Maggot

jump_khoa, jump_fisyx, jump_tissue, jump_drexen, jump_noob (not jump_noob2).

Some jumps are harder, some are easier, but there are no airpogos longer than 3 stickies on all of the above maps. They have jumps that contain most of the required skills to progress to harder maps.  So its a good place to start. They may be demanding, but thats all what jumping is about.

Also jump_speed and jump_lite might be a good idea but they are really simple. I didnt play jump_embrace so I have no opinion on that, but people tend to recommend it to new jumpers.

Last thing - get comfortable with pogo, and land to air jump (I dont know the proper name in english, sorry). Pogo is the key to get to more advanced things, it also teaches you the timing. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 05:56:02 AM by uaa »

Soldier

I didnt play jump_embrace so I have no opinion on that, but people tend to recommend it to new jumpers.

Give it a try, I like to think it's like the beef of sticky jumping. Afterglow filled a massive gap with that map

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
jump_speed

Can't think of any easier demo map

---------------------------
@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC