Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conc grenade changes  (Read 1326 times)
Rocketman

So there are two changes that I've noticed.  They bounce, and the angle they exit has been changed. I've heard other people saying that the beeping has changed, but it doesn't seem like that to me at all, the bouncing is incredibly obnoxious though.

Is there any plan on maybe reverting these? I know your aim my have been on making it similar to TFC conc grenades, but the tf2 maps really aren't designed with those in mind, and the bouncing is just incredibly annoying. In order to just get it stopped on the ground I need to find some crazy angle in a corner to stop the crazy bounces. I've been having better luck tossing straight up and trying to jump when it comes back down than I have trying to drop it, since it bounces back up to my face.

As for the angle change, I can't even juggle anymore unless I have a wall to throw them at.  Even straight down, the angle is incredibly high.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
ok well, firstly... are you telling me its now consistent on jumpit? cos when i put it on, it was constantly buggin out, making it more like the old concs then anything else

secondly, throwangle can be changed by sm_nade_throwangle, which previously was... i think about 4.0 or 6.0 instead of 20.0

as for stopping m bounce, on start of jumps, you can simply stand against wall and throw it down, usually it wont go very far, or since on most jumps the tp tps you back to centre of start, if you throw it to the side from that position, itll also usually end up about where you stand, via the bouncing

but yes, i did do it partly for making it like tfc, but my primary reason was to actually be able to use walls, since now it doesnt slow down, when its falling downward and hitting a vertical wall, which it did do previously
Also, the bouncing allows for much more options in prethrows/setups and juggle variations

and basically cos of the fact it can now bounce, i limited the throwspeed (sm_nade_throwspeed) to 625.0, which was 810.0 before, because i only put it so high before because otherwise you couldnt get it far enough, but ofc with bouncing it will, but to get it bouncing easily both forward and when going down and throwing it at walls, it needed the throwangles

i tested it with 4-6 other concers, and they didn't have all that much problems with it, they adapted quite quickly, but hey fuck if the majority on jumpit wants to i can remove the whole bouncyness again (and revert the angle changes and speed, but thats something that can already be done without me)

(although first plz awnser if it is actually consistent on jumpit now, cos after i put it on, and found out that on 3 different servers it acts in 3 different ways, i was a bit... bleh about it all. consistent as in, itll bounce... EVERY time, cos when i put it on, it would intermittedly not bounce like the old concs, whereas on chillout it seems to be ignoring half the code making m still slowdown on hitting walls, and on my server it works perfectly :S, so ye... does it work consistently now on jumpit?????)

---------------------------

Rocketman

ok well, firstly... are you telling me its now consistent on jumpit? cos when i put it on, it was constantly buggin out, making it more like the old concs then anything else

I'll try it more tonight. I only tested on one map, and it may have been bugging out in the opposite directions.

secondly, throwangle can be changed by sm_nade_throwangle, which previously was... i think about 4.0 or 6.0 instead of 20.0

Okay, cool :D.  I'll see about maybe bugging klare or kailey if it does end up being consistent.

as for stopping m bounce, on start of jumps, you can simply stand against wall and throw it down, usually it wont go very far, or since on most jumps the tp tps you back to centre of start, if you throw it to the side from that position, itll also usually end up about where you stand, via the bouncing

When I was trying it, just standing against a wall and aiming straight down, it would bounce back up to about face height, then either bounce off to seemingly random side (pretty far), or just bounce a couple times before rolling away pretty fast.  Also when I tried to pre-throw out in the course, the bounces made it near impossible, though that may have something to do with not being able to keep the first still.

and basically cos of the fact it can now bounce, i limited the throwspeed (sm_nade_throwspeed) to 625.0, which was 810.0 before, because i only put it so high before because otherwise you couldnt get it far enough, but ofc with bouncing it will, but to get it bouncing easily both forward and when going down and throwing it at walls, it needed the throwangles

I suppose this is something I could just adapt to, but maybe it wasn't working properly on jumpit, because when I tossed it out, it would bounce several times then roll a mile in a direction of its choice.

i tested it with 4-6 other concers, and they didn't have all that much problems with it, they adapted quite quickly, but hey fuck if the majority on jumpit wants to i can remove the whole bouncyness again (and revert the angle changes and speed, but thats something that can already be done without me)

(although first plz awnser if it is actually consistent on jumpit now, cos after i put it on, and found out that on 3 different servers it acts in 3 different ways, i was a bit... bleh about it all. consistent as in, itll bounce... EVERY time, cos when i put it on, it would intermittedly not bounce like the old concs, whereas on chillout it seems to be ignoring half the code making m still slowdown on hitting walls, and on my server it works perfectly :S, so ye... does it work consistently now on jumpit?????)

Heh, well there are only like 3 or 4 of us on jumpit anyway.  I'll be sure to test it more when I get home tonight, as, it was only one map and I wasn't really looking for it being buggy as much as noticing 'wow this shit bounces so far'

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Okay, cool :D.  I'll see about maybe bugging klare or kailey if it does end up being consistent.

fixed

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Rocketman

So, yeah, was just testing, and it seems almost random whether the changes work or not.  Sometimes the conc stops dead after hitting a surface, and I can't seem to find a pattern or angle to why.

I watched a couple TFC videos to see how they react, and it seems that there's a little less roll, but mostly it's just my unfamiliarty (and getting used to old concs), and I just have to get used to it, since I didn't play TFC.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
ok but like.. its still not working properly then, right? cos it shouldnt be random.. it should... do the exact same thing everytime provided you throw it at the same angle/wall/position ofc
(well except for the last half a meter of rolling, since thats still tf2 physics, but that shouldnt be much, prolly even less then half a meter)

im also guessing theres no errors in server log? (i seem to be getting better at making plugins which dont error yet still not work like i want :(  )

Rocketman

ok but like.. its still not working properly then, right? cos it shouldnt be random.. it should... do the exact same thing everytime provided you throw it at the same angle/wall/position ofc
(well except for the last half a meter of rolling, since thats still tf2 physics, but that shouldnt be much, prolly even less then half a meter)

im also guessing theres no errors in server log? (i seem to be getting better at making plugins which dont error yet still not work like i want :(  )

Right.  I can keep the exact same angle and just spam concs, most will bounce properly as intended but every so often they just don't, and act like old concs.  Not sure about errors, as I don't have access to the server logs, but if they show up in everyone's console, then I just wasn't looking.

Starting to get used to the new concs though, they seem a lot more powerful (more push).  Which is cool, since I managed to do pagoda 9 in two concs, it's just a little harder to start each jump.

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
they have the same power, but because of the new throwangle, they go away from you in a somewhat diagonal angle, which makes them easier to gain speed with, though possibly slightly harder to gain altitude with since youd need some speed to keep up with them and straight above them

glad youre getting used to m though :D

ill ask some admin sometime for logs (if any errors do show up)
cos it should just bounce everytime... unless you throw it exactly in a corner, since i made it so it cant bounce more often then every 3 frames, mostly cos of tf2 engine limitations, but it also makes for slightly easier 1st concs if you really need it to stay still

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC