Forums

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Where do I start Demo-jumping?  (Read 1996 times)
Maggot

Oh, and which jumping do you think would give me carpal tunnel?

Just learn to move your arm rather than your wrist as much as you can, you should be fine then if avoiding carpal tunnel is your goal.  It's pretty helpful in the long run.  I eventually had to turn my sense down because higher sens movement is normally really wrist focused, more flicks of your wrist than there are long, smooth slides. 

RJ is definitely more demanding in terms of movement though, shit loads of flicks and sudden angle changes.  Demo is much less, the movements are much more finite and in general is a lot more timing based, rather than super exact angles.

What sens range do you recommend for demo-jumping? And is that sens applicable to rj-ing as well?

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
Irrelevant.
I have jumped on 1 inch/360s and 12 inch/360s and have heard some people use a little under double that.
There is no magic secret to make you good, just practice!

---------------------------

Maggot

Great! Thanks for the excellent tips!

Maggot

Oh yeah, one more question. do I need to ctap when demo-jumping?

Soldier

Oh yeah, one more question. do I need to ctap when demo-jumping?

You don't as far as I'm aware.

Soldier

mouse sensi is something that is over rated by all! i used a mouse sensi about 4 cm (sry but i dont know in inch)/360° i could do all, it is just something to your own find YOUR mouse sensi.
i have to say now i use 20 cm/360° because it is smoother and the really small movements are really hard after some time.

for demo jumping i highly recommend to go to a local server and try some techniques. most of my jump skills did i learn on local servers.
like raiin said it just practice find the correct timing and maybe the beginning angle that is something that you only learn if you try it noone can help you to find it out for yourself.
easy maps to learn are jump_what jump_bob and also jump_ice_v4 (first few jumps) try it out and practice
have fun

Maggot

It seems like demo jumping is more advanced than rocket jumping, needing more timing and control, and it goes faster as well, so I would like to start learning howto demo-jump.

But all I see are demo-pogo tutorials and high level stuff. My ping's too high for anyone to tutor me, what should I do? Where should I go? What to learn first? Is there a "Ultimate demo-jumping tutorial" out there that's like the one the soldiers have?

I hope this community would be of some help to a newb demoman.

Thanks in advance :D

On a side note, which is more prone to carpal tunnel, rj or dj?

Hi,
If your ping is high.You can try to decrease it
If you want to decrease your ping try reset modem and router and then check your by pinging google.com or any websites or Ip address using cmd prompt or using websites like http://www.whoisxy.com/
You ping will gets reduced but if it remains same then the problem is in your connection,So you can contact your service provider.I think it will be very useful to you.....

Pages: 1 [2]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC