Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Demojumping, or RocketJumping?  (Read 736 times)
Maggot

Which is more fun, more repetitive, easier, harder, gives you carpal tunnel, cooler?

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
They're about equal... the skill ceiling is very high for both classes. Both are quite fun imo, just pleigh both. I'd say the hardest thing about the two classes is learning to wall pogo (especially down pogo) as solly and air pogo as demo. Both take lots of hours of practice to get right.

Hijacking this thread to ask another question... what's the ideal way to wall pogo as solly? I personally just spam the hell out of D arbitrarily. Do ppl time when they hit D? Or just randomly tap it? After being stuck on that wall pogo jump on aviator for like a god damn half hour I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

---------------------------

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
Soldier:
Rocket jumper is considered fine...the sound is horrible however
More people play as soldier - can be thought of as easier or more fun if statistics mean anything
In the moment thinking, very little thought ahead
All about the angle you aim at
can hold down most buttons once you get going

Demoman:
sticky jumper is considered cheating if more than 3 stickies are used at once...the sound is horrible however
Requires foresight, knowing how a sticky will affect you (more/less/angle/etc)
More quick button presses
Typically slower unless the jump is simple
Less people play as demoman - can be thought of as harder or less fun or people are just too dumb to play it

Do ppl time when they hit D?

You hit D whenever you need to; if you want to move right you hit it more, if you want to move left you hit it less and if you want to stay still you hit it regularly. As for the 'regular' speed it is more or less 3 times per second but I learnt just by doing it as needed not a specific number.

Offline  Ridley
Maggot

It's entirely personal preference. For the most part, I enjoy demo jumping - but when it comes to freestyle (which I honestly think is 100x more fun) I only play soldier. Demo freestyle is really limited in what you can do because of the time it takes for stickies to arm.

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
I started getting a little bored with solider, trying to air pogo and failing is much more fun to me.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC