Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Request]TF2 jump map list exceeding in difficulty.  (Read 1577 times)
Offline  Benvdd
Maggot

Hi guys, I have been getting into jumping lately and have finished beef,adventure,rush and course 1 of Quba. However i feel like i'm still complete shit, any decent map gives me a very hard time.

Jumping on jujumpit has helped but at the end of the day I feel like if i wanna improve i have to do it locally on the maps of my choosing rather than rush/beef/adventure 24/7 ^^

So I come to you with this request.
Could anyone fabricate an ordered list (does not have to be very long at all , as long as you feel like making it really) of maps i could do. Like start out with an easy one and make them harder and harder the further i get down the list to give me a steady learningcurve.

Thank you in advance!

Online  QuBA
Soldier

Could anyone fabricate an ordered list (does not have to be very long at all , as long as you feel like making it really) of maps i could do. Like start out with an easy one and make them harder and harder the further i get down the list to give me a steady learningcurve.

Doesnt really work like that, the difficulties of the maps are overlapping so much that it doesnt make sense to try to finish one map and then move on to the next one. You pretty much just have to play all the easy/medium maps over and over again up to the jumps youre really stuck at and eventually youll beat some of them...

Also, why would you want to jump offline? So boring :/
There should be enough jumpservers around that you can find at least one with a map of a fitting difficulty at any time.

Offline  Benvdd
Maggot

i see what you are saying. Could you give me a list of just easy - medium maps to beat then?

And i guess the biggest reason why i'd jump offline is to have no lag. My ping is pretty decent on most servers (60ish on it servers) but still no lag beats a bit of lag (esp at a nooblevel i guess?).

And yeah there will always be a jumpserver that has a good map on for me, but even then when i get to a jump i'm stuck on for a while i'd have to wait / search for another server. Or if i'm doing pretty good on a map and the server switches maps to a shitty one i'd have to search a new server.

Lazy solution is to play on listen server really :)

thanks for the feedback tho :)

Online  QuBA
Soldier

And i guess the biggest reason why i'd jump offline is to have no lag. My ping is pretty decent on most servers (60ish on it servers) but still no lag beats a bit of lag (esp at a nooblevel i guess?).

As long as youre used to your ping and its somewhat consistent (and it isnt extremely high) it doesnt matter.

And maps... people ask me all the time on steam and i never really know what to tell them^^
sexydev, 4starters, mouser, annex, cheval and joa i guess?

Offline  Benvdd
Maggot

i'll have a look :) i'm on c3 on 4starters :)

thanks

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
annex and 4starters are beyond beginners towards the end... cheval is good, so is sexydev.

littleman is good also, but don't expect to beat the red side if you're just a beginner

A lot of ppl would also say rj_rkteer and rj_rkteer_adv, but i hate those maps with a passion.

I would also say something like pagoda or tholos, but honestly when I was a beginner those maps were hard as fuck. Either way it's going to take a lot of hours of grinding if you wanna get good.

and imo, the best intermediate map out there is jump_heavy.

---------------------------

Soldier

Also, why would you want to jump offline? So boring :/
There should be enough jumpservers around that you can find at least one with a map of a fitting difficulty at any time.

I didn't have internet from the start of February until the end of March this year. Needless to say, I got a lot of rocket jumping done.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Just pick a map that you really want to beat and then play that map over and over until you beat it.  That's what I did and I became decent over time. 

Littleman all day errday, I spent so much god damn time beating red.

---------------------------
some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC