Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Remove jump_noob2_ab from Jump IT please  (Read 1205 times)
Offline  duppy
Fly

Can we please get jump_noob2_ab removed from Jump IT.  I know Jump IT is for the more advanced jump maps, but I rarely ever see anyone get past the very first jump.  Also, people are always voting for this map because they see the word "noob" and assume it will be easy.  Besides that, the map just looks horrible with no lighting.   Get rid of it!

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

I don't feel this map should be removed due to it being so hard, but more due to it having a severely poor map design. There's a lot of missing teleports. You can skip some jumps as well.

Soldier

sure your just not doing it wrong?

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
96% sure its now removed from the nominate list. Let me know if its not.

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  Ridley
Maggot

Why would you remove it? It -is- on the advanced server. The first jump can be done with a simple prefired doublesticky and a little bit of strafe. If you see nobody getting past it, that's their fault - and it isn't just this map. With that logic, maps like jump_air (which is one of my personal favorites) should also be removed because it has no lighting and people can't get past the first jump.

jump_noob2_ab - TF2 sticky jumping

In all reality it's one of the easier demo maps when compared to revenge, contact, and other more difficult maps. A little bit of bad map design shouldn't get it booted off the rotation. Don't remove it please.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:02:00 PM by Ridley »

Rocketman

Not all that appealing to the eyes, but I don't really see what's wrong with having it... if 'noobs' vote it in, then just complete the map and ignore the whining.

If the 'noobs' rtv it, then hey, you didn't want to be on the map anyway.

Maggot

Removing a map because of the voting habits of newer players is silly. Keep it pls.

Fly

2Tired2Pogo
This complaint has been around since the map was added to the rotation.. most people dont like the map, but some people do. I personally found it fun concing through it, and i never tried to demo it but it doesnt even seem that hard. It will get RTVd in like 40seconds anyway if no one on there likes it. since jujumpit has more slots now and more people are usually on it, i dont see why people are even using jumpit if they are voting on the map because they think it will be easy. I mean shouldnt people using jumpit want a challenge? thats why they are not on jujumpit anyway right?

Offline  Walka!
Maggot

I don't agree with jump_noob2_ab being removed as JumpiT is the advanced server and as such it should have the advanced maps, that was the point of making JujumpiT, so people would have an easy server to learn to jump on...

Removing the map based on people saying its to hard is something I don't agree with.

The map's textures and lighting are fine and the jumps on jump_noob2_ab are easier then jump_nbn_b4b and that map is still on the server (yes i know it has an easy section) but my point still stands.

jump_noob2_ab is a map I personally enjoy playing and would love to see added back to the nominate list.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
You guys are a pain in my asshole. Vote:

http://forums.tf2jump.com/index.php/topic,731.0.html

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
I remember this map, and some of its jumps are good. Saying it should be removed because it's too hard when it is on a server specifically for harder maps is like saying "We should have a beach, but there should not be any water", brilliant.

If it is being voted because people think it's easy, I can understand that but instead of playing the map for 1 minute and typing, "RTV", why aren't they trying to beat the jumps, any good jumper got there by sitting on hard jumps for hours until they figured out how to do it.

Make sure to vote...
You guys are a pain in my asshole. Vote:
http://forums.tf2jump.com/index.php/topic,731.0.html

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC