Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 1633 times)
Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
It seems like no one is working on the timers at all but here's some suggestions regardless...

1. Separate leaderboards for demo/soldier/medic. I don't understand why they're all integrated into the same leaderboard.

OR

Make the default leaderboard the class that the map was made for when you call !top. Like if you say !top on littleman it will show only the soldier times as default or on koi it'll show only demo times (and there will be a toggle button to show all times for all classes).

2. A world record page. Basically just a separate webpage for the top times for each map, and perhaps making  it so that the players provide a demo of the run also, just for learning purposes. A separate toggle on this WR page would show which players have the most world records. The main reason I want this is that you don't need a functional timer in the server, just send in your demo and someone in charge will regulate it (there was a program used to make sure the game settings were default, so you couldn't send in a demo with sv_gravity 700 or something. If this suggestion actually comes to fruition, I'll try and find the program again, although it was for cs 1.6 so idk if it'll work for tf2 as well).

I hope I didn't come across as hostile in any way, I just care about my hobby :D

I honestly wish I knew how to program plugins or develop the WR page, but I don't know enough to do it. I know a bit of python and java, so maybe it's possible, perhaps someone can tell me how to go about starting it? I'm definitely willing to work on it...

---------------------------

Fly

Safe Word: Banana
I run this shit
1. Separate leaderboards for demo/soldier/medic. I don't understand why they're all integrated into the same leaderboard.

You can filter times by class once you get down to a per-player or per-map basis in the existing interface.  The global ranking is calculated off an algorithm which takes into consideration the differences between the classes when running any given map.

2. A world record page. Basically just a separate webpage for the top times for each map, and perhaps making  it so that the players provide a demo of the run also, just for learning purposes. A separate toggle on this WR page would show which players have the most world records. The main reason I want this is that you don't need a functional timer in the server, just send in your demo and someone in charge will regulate it (there was a program used to make sure the game settings were default, so you couldn't send in a demo with sv_gravity 700 or something. If this suggestion actually comes to fruition, I'll try and find the program again, although it was for cs 1.6 so idk if it'll work for tf2 as well).

We do not permit times submitted off unapproved servers (or local servers) for a reason.  Collecting demos of world records for educational purposes is not a bad idea but if we were to take those recordings and turn them into entries in the database there are a number of reasons why such a system would not work (regulations, ping differences, amount of effort required).

Not to mention difficulties in getting jumpers to submit demos. (See: any demo call ever for anything even remotely related to jumping).

In short: no

---------------------------
▮ TF2Jump.com Owner, Developer
▮ iT Lead Administrator

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC