Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Im trying to improve a skill  (Read 942 times)
Maggot

Hey guys its me Rocdimple here again!
I'm trying to improve a skill i suck at. The first one is air shots, like shooting a rocket jumping soldier. I  cant really lead the target, and predict were the rockets gonna go. If anyone knows a good tutorial of a video send me a link.

---------------------------

Rocketman

I'm trying to improve a skill i suck at. The first one is air shots, like shooting a rocket jumping soldier. I  cant really lead the target, and predict were the rockets gonna go. If anyone knows a good tutorial of a video send me a link.

Odd choice of forum to ask for DM help, but, there isn't really a way to 'learn' airshots other than to just DO them.  Go on an mge server, or maybe download tr_walkway and set it up for airshots.

You need to learn to estimate where to aim, and be comfortable twitch aiming to that spot.  That's really all there is to it: practice.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
I can also recommend tr_flinger, but just as a starting pratice, won't go far with that one

Fly

2Tired2Pogo
problem with those maps is they are just bots that u are playing with and if they do strafe they probably wont try to fake you out like a human player would. You will prolly want to learn where to aim based off of height at first, so those maps are okay, but be careful because if u practice on those maps too much i think it will just bring bad habit. I say bad habit because against human players you will prolly be aiming like u were in the training maps. Well the problem is, human players will try to fake you out with strafing and mind games. If you aim where u did in training maps, all of your rockets will miss. So i say only practice until u can consistently hit air shots on bots based off of height, but dont spend too much time on those maps.

Maggot

You could try getting in a mge mod server and playing endif. It's a 1v1, and the only way to score a point is to knock the other player above a certain height (marked by a red line), and then airshot them before they fall below the line.

Rocketman

You could try getting in a mge mod server and playing endif. It's a 1v1, and the only way to score a point is to knock the other player above a certain height (marked by a red line), and then airshot them before they fall below the line.

though you'll likely get used to airshotting REALLY HIGH targets doing this, as endif has lowered gravity (or at least raised knockback).  You also won't find someone jumping TOWARDS you.

The real best practice is to just lobby/pug and start shooting at people who dive in.

Soldier

i over use smiley faces...problem? *trollface*
best way is probably to ask one of your friends to go soldier v soldier on mge with you, and tell them to rocket jump at you as much as possible.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC