Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: hidden cvar access for surf practise (offline)  (Read 2401 times)
Fly

Registered as Special43004 but playing as Kandrix
hi all, i need to access hidden cvars in offline "private server" (that "+" button in menu), i need to change sv_accelerate and airaccelerate but console writes "command not found". i've find something with source mod for dedicated server but dont know any way to use it. i want to play surf maps offline in school but without this i cant stay on ramp and i fall down. thx all :))

---------------------------
New acc

Old acc

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
that's a shitton of work to get functional.....
if you really want to surf on listen servers i suggest you get some cs game....no mods needed there

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

You can just connect to a server with sv_ariaccel set for surfing, then disconnect and create your own server, which will then have the correct sv_airaccel.

Which also means this stuff is saved somewhere on your PC, so there should be an easy way to change these hidden cvars without sourcemod... dont know how though.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 09:35:33 AM by QuBA »

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
You can just connect to a server with sv_ariaccel set for surfing, then disconnect and create your own server, which will then have the correct sv_airaccel.

u sure? :o

Fly

Really? That means i can do it with just modifying game files? If not, i dont mind using mods like sourcemod but i dont know how...

New acc

Old acc

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

u sure? :o
Yes, did that before.

Really? That means i can do it with just modifying game files? If not, i dont mind using mods like sourcemod but i dont know how...
Well, i guess its possible somehow, dont know how though and never bothered to look into that. Setting up a dedicated server with sourcemod just to surf offline seems like a bit of an overkill tbh, just connect to surfit and then create your own offline server.

Fly

Okay,i'll ty it. Thx :))

New acc

Old acc

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
that's a shitton of work to get functional.....
if you really want to surf on listen servers i suggest you get some cs game....no mods needed there

You still need to modify airaccelerate in counter-strike to surf.

Offline  QuBA
Soldier

But in css its not a hidden cvar, you can just change it normally even on a local server.

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube

sure.....but i'm pretty sure is just open the console and type sv_airaccelerate 150 (i think that's the value....not a regular surfer myself)

Fly

I'm going to write .CFG file for tf2 including new accel values... Maybe will work if i'll exec it in console.

/edit: dont work :/

/sry for bad english
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 07:46:28 AM by Special43004 »

New acc

Old acc

Soldier

Very carefully
airaccel is a hidden cvar in tf2 and you need sourcemod installed to change it (sm_cvar sv_airaccelerate 150)

easiest way to go about it on lan is to connect to a surf server and then just type map surf_whatever in console while you're connected and the accel cvar should stick

Fly

Ok much thanks all :))

New acc

Old acc

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC