Forums

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: DIABLO 3  (Read 7074 times)
Offline  Zigzter
Fly

God group play in Inferno is going to be ez mode now.

I played with a full group last night, and we wrecked act2 inferno. Died occasionally, but it was pretty easy overall.

I don't know how people are having trouble in coop.

Rocketman

God group play in Inferno is going to be ez mode now.

I played with a full group last night, and we wrecked act2 inferno. Died occasionally, but it was pretty easy overall.

I don't know how people are having trouble in coop.

Being in hell-gear expecting a walkover, or, it's just specific elite packs or mobs that hurt.  Other than that, I havn't had a problem personally.  Though fire chains waller teleport does nasty damage in multiplayer.

Soldier

I am kind of frumpled with this game. Ya - fucking frumpled. Maybe I am just a bit impatient... or get bored easily. I dont know. But the whole process of playing the same. exact. story. from start to finish. only the mobs are harder to kill each time you restart. I don't understand how anyone doesnt get bored as fuck with it... and i dont know if the other diablos were the same way (i never played em) but seriously how many years were they making this game? My god... it just seems so lazy. It irks me.

Also inferno is retarded. And ruined the game for me. It is not fucking fun.

Well the the older games it always been about grinding for better gear past norm diff. The current version of inferno isnt fun. Hitting brick walls in your progression cause of gear just isnt fun. Hopefully the changes they are planning will make it less jaring from hell to inferno.

To give you a comparison, in D2, you could play all the way through Hell (there was no inferno, also the level cap was 99) with the gear you found on the way - as long as you were smart with what you were using - and be just fine. It would be hard in some places, but there was no blatant wall like there is with d3's inferno. The point was to finish hell and if you wanted to (and lots of ppl wanted to) you would farm the game until your eyes bleed for better gear. notice i said after you finish the game on the hardest difficulty.

In d3 that isnt even possible. Without playing in a group and sharing drops its almost impossible to finish hell without using the AH. And that isnt even the end of the game. Ill stop beating this dead horse now since i havnt even gotten into itemization.

Anyway, if you want to buy gold let me know. I farm you long time. Five dollar.

-- Klare, I suggest you check out HC. If you can find one or 2 ppl to roll with it is a blast just rolling through norm and trying to get each other killed... and then do it again

Rocketman

Well the the older games it always been about grinding for better gear past norm diff. The current version of inferno isnt fun. Hitting brick walls in your progression cause of gear just isnt fun. Hopefully the changes they are planning will make it less jaring from hell to inferno.

To give you a comparison, in D2, you could play all the way through Hell (there was no inferno, also the level cap was 99) with the gear you found on the way - as long as you were smart with what you were using - and be just fine. It would be hard in some places, but there was no blatant wall like there is with d3's inferno. The point was to finish hell and if you wanted to (and lots of ppl wanted to) you would farm the game until your eyes bleed for better gear. notice i said after you finish the game on the hardest difficulty.

In d3 that isnt even possible. Without playing in a group and sharing drops its almost impossible to finish hell without using the AH. And that isnt even the end of the game. Ill stop beating this dead horse now since i havnt even gotten into itemization.

Anyway, if you want to buy gold let me know. I farm you long time. Five dollar.

-- Klare, I suggest you check out HC. If you can find one or 2 ppl to roll with it is a blast just rolling through norm and trying to get each other killed... and then do it again

This is where it comes down to preference.  Whether you're farming to progress, or farming because you have no more reason to progress, it's still farming.  Consider that d3 hell is even harder than d2 hell, or even equivalent.  If you'd like to farm after hell, this is for you.  If you'd like to bang your head against a wall in inferno without farming, you can attempt that too (and get past eventually).

It's really just arguing semantics, either way, you're now done hell mode and have to start farming. Inferno was the addition on top of that.

Soldier

Very carefully
inferno really depends on what class you play. if you play monk or barb there's no way you are gonna be able to do past a2 without farming for gear, but if you play wizard/demon hunter you can do a ton of stuff relatively undergeared. I could farm inferno siegebreaker with most of the gear I used at the end of hell as long as I was careful about taking hits.

Fly

So what is a donkey punch
I have 400+ on all res
I can do significant damage to enemies at 1.4k dps I believe, but the amount of damage they do is a steel wall.
Also anyone who cruised through Inferno dying "A little" is either lying or AH's
Or don't understand the pain of us barbs

---------------------------
Strange Macket Gadneh

Rocketman

I have 400+ on all res
I can do significant damage to enemies at 1.4k dps I believe, but the amount of damage they do is a steel wall.
Also anyone who cruised through Inferno dying "A little" is either lying or AH's
Or don't understand the pain of us barbs

Using bad rolled act1 gear, and vendor items mostly, I'm rocking 800 all resists, ~8k armor, 2.5k dps, but only ~28k hp.  Act 2 is by no means easy, but it isn't that bad.

My wizard is around 100-150 all resist, 12k dps unbuffed (~17k buffed, +20% vs chilled), and 25k hp, In the ancient waterway, then cpu crashed. :S

I'll admit to having one or two AH pieces, but I've had many drops comparable to these pieces, I havn't spent more than 50k in a single AH purchase.  It's doable, but if you've been unlucky with drops, it may take a little extra time.  Maybe your build is questionable?

Soldier

Very carefully
significant damage to enemies at 1.4k dps I believe

uh, that's just a bit low

I bought my weapon and my helm on my wizard off ah for like 2 million and 300k respectively. 50k dps but I just farm siegebreaker because attempting to do act 2 isn't fun. 300~ resists

barbs are incredibly gear dependent though and you're going to have about as much fun as slamming your face into bricks if you refuse to buy stuff off ah for them

Offline  MIKE`
Fly

you guys are saying you have to AH gear like it's something that shouldn't happen.. unless you mean they bought gold for real money or something

while i do agree, it kinda kills one of the elements a lot of people really remember from d2 (going into games and trying to barter trades/rip people off/scam etc) -- but in the end, trading is supposed to be a large part of the game, you aren't supposed to find all of that perfect gear on your own.

but ya, overall, itemization is shit, and long ability cooldowns is shit -- in this type of genre, my character is supposed to feel fucking op imo. even though i can basically rape anything instantly now, my character still feels pretty lame and shitty if that makes sense lol

Fly

CMON 1.0.3 MAKE MY LIFE EASIER!

Strange Macket Gadneh

Offline  Tflex
Maggot

Oh god I'm late to the party. Any of you folks playing hardcore? I could always use more people to group with for farming inferno.

Rocketman

Oh god I'm late to the party. Any of you folks playing hardcore? I could always use more people to group with for farming inferno.

Infinite goblin farm!

But no thanks to hc.  Disconnect losing 60 hours of work would piss me off.

Fly

Not sure if anyone read but,

Quote JayPWilson:
Allowing the cancelling of auctions is in patch 1.0.3 (OK, I'm 99% sure of that). We don't currently have plans to let you change times.

Strange Macket Gadneh

Rocketman

Quote JayPWilson:
Allowing the cancelling of auctions is in patch 1.0.3 (OK, I'm 99% sure of that). We don't currently have plans to let you change times.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/uoooj/i_am_we_are_wyatt_cheng_andrew_chambers_and_jay/

Read more there.

Fly

Quote JayPWilson:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/uoooj/i_am_we_are_wyatt_cheng_andrew_chambers_and_jay/

Read more there.

=Where I got it from

Strange Macket Gadneh

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC