Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: BOOST - A TF2 Rocket Jump Movie  (Read 1648 times)
Offline  jandals
Maggot

Here is my first collection of TF2 rocket jumps. I wanted to showcase what could be done on the standard maps you find on any usual pub server. The jumps were performed with the default rocket launcher (and include reloading), but some of the more excessive jumps would require gunboats and overhealing. I hope you enjoy it!

BOOST - A TF2 Rocket Jump Movie
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:48:40 AM by jandals »

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
I actually really enjoyed that - sometimes I find jumps done on normal maps boring an repetitive but you really showcased a good variety of maps/jump - i thought it was great!

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
jumps were well planned out and nicely executed

just for me... i've seen/done m before, so nothing for me to get all excited about (but then again, theres only so much one can do with the stock maps)

but still, vnice  8)

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

I enjoyed it but it kind of bugs me that a lot of the jumps are practically the same. But nonetheless you obviously have a good consistency for speedshots.

Offline  jandals
Maggot

I actually really enjoyed that - sometimes I find jumps done on normal maps boring an repetitive but you really showcased a good variety of maps/jump - i thought it was great!

Cheers, glad you enjoyed it!

jumps were well planned out and nicely executed

just for me... i've seen/done m before, so nothing for me to get all excited about (but then again, theres only so much one can do with the stock maps)

but still, vnice  8)

Yeah, jumping on stock maps combined with using the default rocket launcher was actually quite the limitation. But I ended up having fun pushing what I could do (upward jumps especially).

Also, I knew I wasn't going to blow the jumping community's mind, but I hoped it was at least entertaining! and possibly get some new people into jumping, and into TF2Jump :)

I enjoyed it but it kind of bugs me that a lot of the jumps are practically the same. But nonetheless you obviously have a good consistency for speedshots.

I also kinda worried that the jumps were getting pretty similar. Sadly, I found speedshots the most practical for stock maps, so they feature quite a lot. Though, I did try to do doubles and rampslides where possible to mix it up a bit. There's even a triple into a triple on Mann Manor during the credits, so that's pretty crazy for a stock map! Anyway, thanks for watching and your feedback.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 04:11:51 PM by jandals »

Offline  hobbes
Maggot

Like mentioned previously it is unfortunate that stock map jumps tend to be the same more or less, but it was still a great video.  I loved the gold rush jump where you landed on the hanging bucket, I thought that was cool. 

Also, the clapping bear at the end clearly made the video epic.

Rocketman

I feel most people touched on it here: It was fun to watch, but unfortunately it was just the same speedshots that've been done to death.

One thing I didn't like though was the constant use of third person when unnecessary.  It's always nice to how see a further perspective on things like doubles, or just to catch things from other angles, but it was constantly just following directly behind you, and that just kinda felt 'meh'.

Either way though, was fun to watch.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 02:09:48 AM by Kairu927 »

Offline  jandals
Maggot

Some fair comments here. I'll try take it on board for next time :) thanks for your feedback!

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Awesome vid dood! sick speedshot skills... that last jump was pretty interesting as well

Offline  uaa
Maggot

Dont really care about the video. On the other hand, i love your avatar Jandals :)

Offline  Scotteh
Fly

¬_¬
It's a nice video but I can't help but feel you ruined a lot of the jumps with the 3rd person view. :(

Offline  jandals
Maggot

Yeah, I figured there might be some people who prefer just the 1st person view of the jumps, so I've done a playlist for that. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL776402D5280B77E7

A couple of previews:
TF2 - Badlands Rocket Jump

TF2 - Mann Manor Rocket Jump

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
The jumps may not all be that special, but your speedshotting skill is top-notch.

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Never realized how retarded the soldier looks when he jumps, especially going up slopes what the fuck is that supposed to be.

Bit too much third person I think, never really liked it in the first place.  Other than that it's okay.  Like everyone said it still came down to a lot of speedshots+skips, but there were at least a few jumps that were interesting enough, much more than I can say for most other jump videos.

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
Never realized how retarded the soldier looks when he jumps, especially going up slopes what the fuck is that supposed to be.
I'm pretty sure they disabled the leg animations on some of the jumps in the video.

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC