Forums

Poll

Question: What type of maps should be made?

• Beginner Maps
    - 1 (4.3%)
    Speedrun Maps
    - 16 (69.6%)
    Advanced Maps
    - 6 (26.1%)
    Other - I will put my suggestion below
    - 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Summer Map Competition  (Read 1165 times)
Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
So summer is quickly approaching and it is time for another map competition! I wanted to see what type of map people would want to create for this to hopefully get the best turnout possible. With the addition of Jujump it, I noticed there are not THAT many beginner friendly maps, so if you want to create those - please vote for beginner maps. Lately people have been griping about a lack of speedrun friendly maps (which also could be beginner maps because those seem pretty speedrun compatible) so vote for that if you want to see more speedruns. Finally if you just want more hard ass maps, select advanced maps.

As far as prizes go, that is up in the air right now. I can say for Jump/Jujump iT though that we will be giving the winner access to pumpkins - which are only accessible to admins. You wont get admin - just pumpkins.

So submit your vote and get those brains going!

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Online  11
Fly

Jump Around!
Speedrun maps all the way, there is no need for advanced maps right now IMO.

Soldier

Speedrun/beginner maps

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Maps designed for speedrunning, hands down.  Beginner maps are good for speedrunning just because you can chain a lot of stuff and you don't get like 11 minute times on them.  Who knows what maps designed for it from the ground up could be, no one has really made one so it'd be cool to see what you can come up with for it.

Pumpkins as a reward = I will actually make a map

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  Exile
Rocketeer

Couldn't think of something clever to put
I guess I'll make a new map too.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
yep...i'll go for speedrun/beg maps aswel

Offline  MIKE`
Fly

reintroduce pyro jumping and make pyro jump maps, thats my vote

Fly

2Tired2Pogo
speedrun.

Offline  sync
Maggot

reintroduce pyro jumping and make pyro jump maps, thats my vote

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

My vote is for beginner maps (hopefuly getting some innovative easy jumps) but also make many short courses, kinda like jump beef, so they can be used for speedrunning.

Since this is a contest, maybe have each author enter a short beginner/speedrun course, and vote on who's is the most fun?

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
Interesting, people all want speedrun maps and yet jump_xelerate is NEVER played, or defrag_pizzanbeer even though it's a pretty horrible map.

I would prefer all of the above...however a speedrun map means nothing to me without a consistent timer.

As for prizes...Klare has somehow been caught up in trading and you could gather a bunch of metal from people who don't trade or whatever and trade the metal for keys thus saving yourself from spending more money! Some people might even have a bunch of crates so the winner can immediately use their winnings.

The end prize pool could range from a crappy weapon - $500 hat!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:47:56 PM by Raiin »

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
I've gotten last place the past two times, so it isn't really worth it for me. :/

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Soldier

Interesting, people all want speedrun maps and yet jump_xelerate is NEVER played, or defrag_pizzanbeer even though it's a pretty horrible map.

I would prefer all of the above...however a speedrun map means nothing to me without a consistent timer.

xelerate got played to death and there really was only a handful that could do it competativly anyway. consistent timer is essential though i agree.

I've gotten last place the past two times, so it isn't really worth it for me. :/

Well that depends on if your doing it for an excuse to make a map or not :D

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
As for prizes...Klare has somehow been caught up in trading and you could gather a bunch of metal from people who don't trade or whatever and trade the metal for keys thus saving yourself from spending more money! Some people might even have a bunch of crates so the winner can immediately use their winnings.

Ahh yeah I wouldn't give a cash prize out of my pocket - I have other people who have said they would contribute cash though. I put enough of my own real life money into all of this so yeah... money/metal/keys = MINE! I'm willing to give away pumpkins though  :-\

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Maggot

Ahh yeah I wouldn't give a cash prize out of my pocket - I have other people who have said they would contribute cash though. I put enough of my own real life money into all of this so yeah... money/metal/keys = MINE! I'm willing to give away pumpkins though  :-\

I will do whatever for pumpkins. Just tell me what map to make.

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC