Forums

Poll

Question: Quake Subforum  (Voting closed: May 18, 2012, 02:06:55 PM)

• Yes would be coolio
    - 1 (33.3%)
    Nope.avi
    - 1 (33.3%)
    Perhaps, dont really care
    - 1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can we has Quake section?  (Read 515 times)
Maggot

Pimping dem ho'es Dr. Dre
Now i used to play quake a while ago, fun timez. But i recently saw that Quake live was out, got pretty exicted. So i went ahead tried it out, a few limitions with having to pay for additional services but understandable as they have to host/update them game.
But lol bhop+rocket jump is really fun i have to say.
Now i understand that you wanne keep this within the tf2 scene, allright but wouldnt it be cool to expand. Like Afterglow provided a nice and informative post into the CS jump community.
Well Thank you for taking the time to read through this post and sorry for english as it is my second language.
Thank you
Btw the spell check doesnt work:P
Quake live

I use a noveiwmodel cfg, to clear things up:)

Edit: www.quakelive.com
If you wish to take a look:)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:12:43 PM by Skeletor »

---------------------------
A universe with a God would look quite different from a universe without one. A physics, a biology where there is a God is bound to look different. So the most basic claims of religion are scientific. Religion is a scientific theory.
Richard Dawkins

Rocketeer

i dont care!
hmmm why not? i just wanna read about good old times :)

Maggot

Bump:P

A universe with a God would look quite different from a universe without one. A physics, a biology where there is a God is bound to look different. So the most basic claims of religion are scientific. Religion is a scientific theory.
Richard Dawkins

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

idk if bumps are necessary with the amount of people who post, probably just didn't want to reply if they didn't reply.

Do you mean like DeFRaG?  That would be cool sort of, kind of, I don't really think many people here do it that much though.  Normal Quake just seems unfitting on a site that tries to focus itself around mostly trick jumping.

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Maggot

idk if bumps are necessary with the amount of people who post, probably just didn't want to reply if they didn't reply.

Do you mean like DeFRaG?  That would be cool sort of, kind of, I don't really think many people here do it that much though.  Normal Quake just seems unfitting on a site that tries to focus itself around mostly trick jumping.

Well to be fair you can still trick jump in quake syncing all that stuff
But to be honest with the bhop feature in quake makes it cooler, my opinion:P
Event Horizon 1 - Quake 3 Team Tricking Jumping

There 4 of them, so i think its possible
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 09:12:18 PM by Skeletor »

Richard Dawkins

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Well when I said DeFRaG I meant pretty much just Quake trickjumping, DeFRaG or not.  Probably not the best way to address it, but that's was my intention with the comment.  I meant a section on just anything Quake felt out of place, instead of one focusing solely on trickjumping. 

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Maggot

Well when I said DeFRaG I meant pretty much just Quake trickjumping, DeFRaG or not.  Probably not the best way to address it, but that's was my intention with the comment.  I meant a section on just anything Quake felt out of place, instead of one focusing solely on trickjumping.
Perhaps i should clearify, i ment towards trickjumping, but my point was connect with your roots, as from what i know rocket jumping came from quake (probly came from something earlyer) And from what few things i've see quake jumping in visualy more impressive but tf2 jumping technices requires more practice as its more timing based

Richard Dawkins

Soldier

Very carefully
no point in a section that only 2 people would use

Maggot

True

Richard Dawkins

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC