Forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: jump_glow  (Read 4328 times)
Offline  Matti
Fly

soar_a4 is out!

- Are jump 5 & 6 rly that hard? And yea you're not meant to jump out to the first platform on jump 5 (you rj on the floor standing up w/o jumping). I was under the impression that they were ezpz, but I'll put them in later in the jump ordering anyways. I don't think I'll change the block sizes or the jumps themselves tbh, since if I make them easier, they'll simply be way too easy. As it is I can do them on my first try every single time.

Hmm, I wouldn't suggest moving them later in the jumping order as I think the following jumps are either as or more difficult (8 excluded). What I was getting at is that I think the leap in difficulty from 4 to 5 is quite significant. And, if you do choose to change them, the very least I would suggest is moving 5's end 16-32 units closer so that the speedpogo doesn't have to be as good.

Offline  Tom
Maggot

14 seems way too easy especially because it is second to last jump, just 4 rockets and not climbing too high

Fly

So what is a donkey punch
This map is my favorite jump map of all time now.
Got to 13 then I joined a friend
Great map, not too hard/easy

---------------------------
Strange Macket Gadneh

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
I don't even know what jump 15 is supposed to be :x

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Rocketman

No tears now; only dreams
Hmm, I wouldn't suggest moving them later in the jumping order as I think the following jumps are either as or more difficult (8 excluded). What I was getting at is that I think the leap in difficulty from 4 to 5 is quite significant. And, if you do choose to change them, the very least I would suggest is moving 5's end 16-32 units closer so that the speedpogo doesn't have to be as good.

Yea I'll prolly make this change... I definitely see how 5 requires more precise control than 6 at the very least.

14 seems way too easy especially because it is second to last jump, just 4 rockets and not climbing too high

Agreed. I'll put it as number 12 and move back 12/13.

This map is my favorite jump map of all time now.
Got to 13 then I joined a friend
Great map, not too hard/easy

Thanks! But it won't exactly be a walk in the park once I put in the rest of the jumps :P

I don't even know what jump 15 is supposed to be :x

Yea I'm thinking about how to make that easier to figure out. Should prolly make that teleport glass a different, unique texture. Or perhaps an on-screen text pop-up telling you what to do.

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

I really don't fucking get what to do on jump 15.

Rocketeer

Cool good looking map.

<3 15

Offline  Yami
Rocketeer

Tell me how. :L

Offline  LighT
Fly

im walkin on sunshine !
there you go pff

jump_glow

Rocketeer

i dont care!
oooooh

you a towel!

Rocketman

there you go pff

jump_glow

ha cool vid, except that's the hdr version I think, so it looks weird. I hope you did not put that on a public server cuz keep in mind this is an early version... I shoulda named the map jump_glow_beta or something -.- Also I noticed none of the decals showed up in your video. I have all the lvls numbered/arrows telling you where to go, why didn't they show up?

Just to update I've got about 21-22 lvls so far... gonna do 30 and maybe some bonus jumps.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 07:08:40 PM by Afterglow »

Offline  LighT
Fly

im walkin on sunshine !
well i recorded it on ChilloutZone, i dont know why the numbers/arrows are not there

Maybe because of r_decals 0 :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 09:24:24 AM by LighT »

Offline  uaa
Maggot

To avoid confusion on #15 i would add some decal on the spawning/teleport point.

Rocketman

Hammer is such a fucking piece of shit it's driving me mad... One would think the various and innumerable bugs would be fixed for such an old piece of software, after years and years of bug fixing... not only that but vrad is probably inefficient as hell... using 100% of my cpu power and taking 20 min to compile gtfo

Maybe one of you guys can help me (see thread below). Basically, my map got seriously fucked up.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30886050#post30886050

Fly

2Tired2Pogo
Hammer is such a fucking piece of shit it's driving me mad... One would think the various and innumerable bugs would be fixed for such an old piece of software, after years and years of bug fixing... not only that but vrad is probably inefficient as hell... using 100% of my cpu power and taking 20 min to compile gtfo

Maybe one of you guys can help me (see thread below). Basically, my map got seriously fucked up.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30886050#post30886050

I'm sorry i can't help, but why didnt u save a different copy of the map every 30 mins or so? you should be able to "roll-back" whenever u want since u would have a bunch of versions of the map. If the auto thing didnt work, u can always do it manually. Just go to save the map every so often and name it like glow1, glow2, glow3, etc. every half hour. after u get about 15 different ones in u can start deleting earlier ones without a problem

Pages: 1 [2] 3
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC