Forums

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Skip jumps  (Read 2725 times)
Offline  MCG
Maggot

On a skip jump, are you supposed to touch the ground and jump (very briefly) or are you supposed to kind of pogo it without touching the ground, similar to a speed pogo? I'm having trouble with the Skip jump atm and would like some help :D Thanks a lot guys

Rocketeer

A mix between those 2. You touch the ground (for something like 1 frame) and immediately shoot the ground at you feet, while you are holding crouch. I hope this helps or otherwise maybe someone else can explain it better.

---------------------------

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
Skipping is just shooting a rocket at a tele platform without touching it to bounce off.
A speedshot is if the platform doesn't teleport, in which case you touch the ground briefly.

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Rocketeer

I think he means the speedshot.

Offline  MCG
Maggot

I think he means the speedshot.
Yes I do.

Can you explain how that works? And do I shoot in front, below, or behind me?

Offline  Raiin
Soldier

Kangaroo-izzle
Apparently, I'm a robot.
http://tf2jump.com/articles/view/35
Please check soldier tutorials on the FRONT PAGE before making threads like this...

Offline  MCG
Maggot

http://tf2jump.com/articles/view/35
Please check soldier tutorials on the FRONT PAGE before making threads like this...

Hehe... thanks XD Btw, I'm a fan of you :)

Fly

So what is a donkey punch
I guess I mixed them both up...
This world has been cruel to me.

Strange Macket Gadneh

Fly

Am I beating my head against a wall trying to learn skip jumps with a varying ping from 70-100.  I can`t for the life of me get the proper height on these damn things.  I assume I need to launch the rocket as close to the ground as possible for the height and flick up.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Am I beating my head against a wall trying to learn skip jumps with a varying ping from 70-100.  I can`t for the life of me get the proper height on these damn things.  I assume I need to launch the rocket as close to the ground as possible for the height and flick up.
Skips are usually very dependent on how accurate you can get that first jump, often being the biggest factor as to if you are going to make it or not.  The objective is to basically just skim as close as possible to the platforms so that you are as close to the explosion as possible. 

From there you decide if you need to go faster or gain more height.  To go higher you want to aim a little bit in front of yourself so that by the time the rocket hits you are directly above it.  For distance/speed you aim downwards so that the rocket ends up behind you.  Now how much you need to adjust isn't really a one answer thing, it's just something you have to learn.

You also normally fire as early as you can so that you ensure you don't start gaining any downward momentum.

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
And here's where silly jumper jargon bites us in the ass.

Offline  uaa
Maggot

Speedshots (jumps where you touch the ground) may take some practice - watch some videos on youtube, preferably with selfdamage sound turned on. It might help you with timing.

Fly

Skips are usually very dependent on how accurate you can get that first jump, often being the biggest factor as to if you are going to make it or not.  The objective is to basically just skim as close as possible to the platforms so that you are as close to the explosion as possible. 

From there you decide if you need to go faster or gain more height.  To go higher you want to aim a little bit in front of yourself so that by the time the rocket hits you are directly above it.  For distance/speed you aim downwards so that the rocket ends up behind you.  Now how much you need to adjust isn't really a one answer thing, it's just something you have to learn.

You also normally fire as early as you can so that you ensure you don't start gaining any downward momentum.

Oh ok,

So aim a bit forwards to get higher, didn't realize that.  With the default rocket launcher in tf2 should I also be aiming slightly left to make sure the rocket is under me?

Rocketeer

the skybox is the limit
With the default rocket launcher in tf2 should I also be aiming slightly left to make sure the rocket is under me?

No, you only need to worry about aiming left a bit when you're wallpogoing or pogoing on a narrow beam.

Fly

Ok thanks guys, noticing a difference today.  Able to complete some of the skips I couldn't the other day and figuring out how to get more height.  Thanks.

Pages: [1]
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC