Forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: Jump_collab (round 2)  (Read 7717 times)
Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
OP updated. Most of your questions will hopefully be answered there. Ciaooooo

Offline  Matti
Fly

soar_a4 is out!
Am I able to enter the two jumps I made for the previous collab map? They've never been used in another map.

If not, would you like them for the map anyway? Always seemed like a bit of a waste for them not to be used at all.

Maggot

I will contribute 2 jumps. Can we know in advance if the map will be for blue or red?

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Hm, Matti. That's a good question. In one way I want you to be able to enter with them and in another way I don't want that. I know the two jumps you made, and they were good. But on the other hand I don't want the spare jumps that never got used. If you know what I mean. I would love to have your jumps in the map, but maybe it would be the same as with Crancks old jumps - that they come with the version after contest release, to not confuse the voters. But I'm open to any alternative really, I just want to know what you guys thinks.

Should jumps that were created before the contest be allowed to enter? (not that I can know in any way that the jumps that enter haven't been created before though...)

@Wolny: That's up to Drexen. I like red :p, but I don't care. Also, I don't think it matters that much, does it? The tele-triggers are open to any team, no? And so are most of the other triggers. Or are you thinking decals and stuff like that?

Offline  dellort
Rocketeer

Video Maker Extraordinaire
As long as they haven't been tested by others before or put in another map I don't see why you shouldn't allow them... if a map maker was able to create certain jumps in the past there's no reason why he wouldn't have been able to do it within the contest time.

Soldier

m3thskiLL
I think any jump should be allowed, as long as it hasnt been released in a public map. I think its np if a few people have tested it (thats pretty much an essential part to making a jump) and not all mappers like testing their own stuff. also you cant really stop people submitting jumps that they made a long time ago or that were tested by all their friends so why try

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
Ok. Then yeah, you can enter with those two jumps, Matti. And everyone else, if you got a (hopefully good) solly jump laying around.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
FYI I posted this on the tf2jump homepage and announced it in the steam group... NOW YOU MUST FINISH IT

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  Nerf
Maggot

FYI I posted this on the tf2jump homepage and announced it in the steam group... NOW YOU MUST FINISH IT

uh oh now its really on.. guess I better get crackin.

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay

Cheers matey mate!

Offline  Zee
Maggot

Hey, just saw the contest on the front page and thought I would give it a go. I Just finished my map,
I'm only putting the finishing touches on it. Do I pm it to Drexen? Or do i give it to him some other way?

Offline  floube
Maggot

You can enter with 1-2 jumps each

@Zee
Only two jumps ( max  :P ) and no maps, I think ...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 07:55:50 AM by floube »

---------------------------
Realise the impotence of proof reading everything you publish!

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Okay
@Zee: I think Drexen should answer this. But if he doesn't, I'm sure uploading it to some page like zippyshare.com and then PM him the link will be fine.

Offline  Zee
Maggot

You can enter with 1-2 jumps each

@Zee
Only two jumps ( max  :P ) and no maps, I think ...

Lol, so used to calling them maps, that I just call them maps :P. Anyway, yeah it's only 2 jumps in the file.

@Hadokk
I Messaged the file to him off my drop box. Didn't get a response yet though.

Also, there's only two entries per person? Or did I just imagine that. I might make another one if I get an idea.

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

• You can enter as many jumps as you like (haddok i think was meaning if you are to be counted in the contest you have to enter a minimum of 1/2 jumps... idk
  • Yeah just checked and i've got 2 entries so far, thanks for that i'll have a look at them in source soon
  • The forum mail is probably the best way to enter yourself, i'll keep a list of everyone who entered jumps

Currently 4 jumps from 2 authors have been submitted (at a high standard of mapping I might add), keep them coming!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:31:04 AM by Drexen »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC