Forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Author Topic: Jump_collab (round 2)  (Read 7715 times)
Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
Thanks to those who showed interest, but there just isn't enough peeps. Canceling the contest. Cheers..

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
ooh :(

---------------------------

Offline  Nerf
Maggot

Sad to hear.. hope sometime in the near future we can get some more interest.

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
NO, I ALREADY STARTED MINE, SO I'M GONNA FUCKING DO THIS.

Besides, if multiple people make 2, you will have enough...

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  duppy
Fly

Thanks to those who showed interest, but there just isn't enough peeps. Canceling the contest. Cheers..

I think it was probably lacking some exposure....shoulda put it on the home page, and maybe announce it every so often on the Jump iT server.  Personally I had some interest, but I didn't really want to commit 100% since I'm still quite new to editing in Hammer, and I'm not all that great at jumping. 

Anyway, I have kind of an idea.  Instead of a contest, how about we set up a place on the forum for people to submit just a map with a single jump.  We can then have people critique them, figure out what needs tweaking, rate the difficulty of it, or whatever....and then like every 3 months or so, we gather up those jumps and release it as a community made map.  Few people can make a complete map with 20 or so jumps, but making one or two jumps shouldn't be all that difficult.  Any thoughts?

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
pffff.......already had the ideas for the details......

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
bshear wants to be in it, and Silent Storm might do it.

dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

:( I was actually looking forward to making a jump

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Offline  MIKE`
Fly

if theres enough people willing to make entire maps for contests, i find it really hard to believe that enough jumps from multiple people can't be put together for a map. unless you're aiming to get like 30+ jumps or something.

Offline  Hadokk
Rocketeer

Bball Server Filler Upper
Okay
I was just aiming for 12+ jumps, and there were 7 fellas who were interested and I reckon a few would drop out anyway and only another few to make more than one jump. So it wouldn't add up. I'm still open to having a contest going, but I dunno. Even if you're not 100% commited to it, but still interested, just say so.

I can write down a list of those who are interested again and if I get 10 or more people I can re-open the contest with a new deadline and stuff. Sounds ok? Or should I just scrap the idea?

Edit: I wrote in the original post that I would cancel it if there wasn't enough interest before the 17th, and I even waited a couple more days, so what's with all the frowns?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:06:45 PM by Hadokk »

Offline  X_DIAS
Rocketman

The world is a cube
well, i'm still up if you want
and will make 2 jumps

Offline  CrancK
Rocketeer

ehh... what?
dude...
i'm still ok to go

(don't have as much time as i would like for it, but meh, then not superdetailed, got the basic jump layout done already, so i'll definitly have something to give at deadline if it goes through)

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
well, i'm still up if you want
and will make 2 jumps

Offline  Drexen
Rocketeer

Anyway, I have kind of an idea.  Instead of a contest, how about we set up a place on the forum for people to submit just a map with a single jump.  We can then have people critique them, figure out what needs tweaking, rate the difficulty of it, or whatever....and then like every 3 months or so, we gather up those jumps and release it as a community made map.  Few people can make a complete map with 20 or so jumps, but making one or two jumps shouldn't be all that difficult.

I like this idea quite a lot, although I think it may lose interest pretty fast. I think the contest should still continue also.

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Somehow I missed the original post about this and never went back and read it (it was posted over the weekend which i am usually not around much then) so thats why there was no homepage post or anything for it... not to mention i wasnt notified of it at all (either via steam or even PM on the forums) - so for future reference if you want something to be actually put up on the site or announced on Jump iT... you need to SAY SOMETHING TO ME!

Anyways if you do get this going again... let me know.

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC