Forums

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: List of Jump IT user commands  (Read 6376 times)
Offline  duppy
Fly

Is there a list of commands somewhere?  I thought I'd find a sticky post here with that kind of info, but I don't see anything. 

I'll start a list for now, and try to update it as I get more info.

Chat commands:

Note: you can also prefix with the '!' character (example, !s), but it will appear in the chat window.  The '/' prefix will hide commands from chat, which is preferred.

• /s or /ja_save or /jm_saveloc  - save your current map location
  • /t or /ja_tele or /jm_teleport - teleport to your saved location

• /reset - teleports you back to the start of the map and keeps your save location
  • /restart - teleports you back to the start of the map and clears your save location

• /undo - restores your previous save location.

• /regen on - turns on health and ammo regeneration
  • /regen off - turns off health and ammo regeneration
  • /setmy regen on - permanently enable regen across map changes and server restarts

• /health - toggle health regeneration on or off
  • /health on - turns on health regeneration
  • /health off - turns off health regeneration

• /ammo - toggle ammo regeneration on or off
  • /ammo on - turns on ammo regeneration
  • /ammo off - turns off ammo regeneration

• /hardcore - Disabled saving and teleporting.  Also plays a different sound when completing the map.
  • /skeys - display text on the screen showing what keys are being pressed by you or someone you're spectating.  Only W, A, S, D, Duck, and Jump keys are shown.
  • /stoptimer - stops the speed run timer
  • /hide - hides other players (useful on crowded jumps.  Use !hide again to unhide yourself)
  • /superman - makes you immune to all damage.  Use the command again to make yourself vulnerable to damage.
  • /fov <angle> - changes your field of view.  <angle> can range from 0 to 360
  • /colorme <color> - tints the color of your character.  <color> can be black, red, green, yellow, purple. cyan, orange, pink, olive, lime, violet, lightblue, silver, chocolate, saddlebrown, ghostwhite, thistle, aliceblue, steelblue, teal, gold, tan, tomato, random, or normal (to reset it).
  • /me <text> - displays text as an action, similar to IRC.  Example: /me waves to everyone!  ...which will display "duppy waves to everyone!" in the chat window.
  • /bhop - allows you to bunnyhop (like in Counter Strike: Source).  Hold down your jump key to continually jump.
  • /quadme - enables quad damage (actually 2.5x), which boosts your rocket jump (sticky and conc too I'm guessing) even more than usual.  Only available on quad and conc jump maps. Tip: on a conc map with soldier, try using The Direct Hit and the quadme command for a little fun.
  • /conchelp - Displays text on screen to help you with conc timing.

• nominate - allows you pick a map that will be added to the map voting list.  Note: this command is not prefixed by a '/' or '!'.

Console commands:

The following are useful for key binds and scripts.  Example: open the developer console (~ key) and type in something like "bind Q +conc" to make your Q key throw conc grenades.

• +conc - allows you to throw concussion grenades (excludes soldier, demoman, engineer, and pyro). Note: the further away your are (but still inside the explosion radius) the more you get pushed by the explosion.
  • +bungee - gives you a grappling hook that attaches to walls and players and acts like a bungee cord (spy class only?)
  • ja_save - save your current map location
  • ja_tele - teleport to your saved location
  • ja_reset - teleports you back to the start of the map and keeps your save location
  • ja_restart - teleports you back to the start of the map and clears your save location
  • sm_* - Most chat command can also be used as console commands by appending 'sm_'.  For example, sm_s will save your location, sm_hide will hide other players, etc.

A more complete list would be nice,  so if any server admins can help, it'd be appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:15:17 AM by duppy »

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
JUMP ASSIST COMMANDS
Loading and Saving
!s /s !ja_save /ja_save !jm_saveloc /jm_saveloc - Saying any of these
commands in chat will save your current location, overwriting previous
saves.
!t /t !ja_tele /ja_tele !jm_teleport /jm_teleport - Saying any of
these commands in chat will load your save if one exists.
!reset /reset - Saying any of these commands in chat will send you
back to the start and clear your save.
!restart /restart - Saying any of these commands in chat will send you
back to the start but keep your save.

You can always use the console commands "ja_save", "ja_tele",
"ja_reset", and "ja_restart" when making binds! Saves are maintained
across map changes and server restarts. You cannot save or load while
attempting a speed run. If you wish, you can stop a speedrun with
!stoptimer or /stoptimer and then save.
Regen Functions
!health <on/off> </health on/off> - Saying any of these commands in
chat will toggle health regen.
!ammo <on/off> </ammo on/off> - Saying any of these commands in chat
will toggle ammo regen.
!regen <on/off> </regen on/off> - Saying any of these commnads in chat
will toggle health and ammo regen.

You can also use the console command "ja_regen on" when making a bind.
Regen settings do not persist across map changes or server restarts.
You may permanently enable regen with "/setmy regen on" in chat.
Misc. Functions
!superman /superman - Saying any of these commands will make you
immune to all damage.
!skeys /skeys - Saying any of these commands in chat will make the
currently spectated players key presses appear on HUD.
!goto <target> /goto <target> - Saying any of these commnads in chat
will teleport you to the target's location. You must complete the map
and see the cap message for goto to be enabled.

Thats the ja_help list

---------------------------

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015
Bball iT - 74.91.113.9:27015 | MGE iT - 74.91.122.39:27015

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

There's also !undo which undoes your last save, making the one before it your current one.  At least there should be, I haven't used it a while, going to assume it's still there.

Also doesn't !goto no longer work just for beating a map?    Pretty sure it's been broken/disabled for a while.

You also have !reset and !restart backwards, restart erases the save, reset keeps it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 07:39:01 PM by DiddyKong FTW »

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Soldier

Very carefully
I don't think goto works for beating the map anymore

Fly

Safe Word: Banana
I run this shit
Thats the ja_help list

Which can be found at http://tf2jump.com/jumpassist and accessed in-game with !ja_help

▮ TF2Jump.com Owner, Developer
▮ iT Lead Administrator

Offline  duppy
Fly

Thats the ja_help list

Which can be found at http://tf2jump.com/jumpassist and accessed in-game with !ja_help

I knew about that help command, but the last time I used it was on another jump server and it only listed like 4 commands.  I guess I assumed it would be the same on the Jump IT server as well and I didn't bother to try it.  Anyway, I updated the list, but I'm still wondering if I have them all listed of if there's still more (I think I saw someone use !colorme black to tint their character's color, but maybe it was an admin command).

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
There are so many commands I dont even know all of them off the top of my head. The colorme and shit is part of like fun commands or something.

I dont know. I just pay the bills. Useless when it comes to this stuff.

Jump iT - 64.74.97.15:27015 | JuJump iT - 74.91.113.66:27015 | Surf iT - 216.52.143.76:27015

Soldier

Very carefully
there are random commands like colorme but since they aren't pertinent to anything there doesn't seem to be much reason in listing them. It's part of FuncommandsX which the only 2 commands for normal users in that iirc are /colorme aka sm_colorme and sm_me aka /me which does irc style /me text

Offline  Diddy
Rocketeer

Duppy you mixed reset and restart up in that list.  Wherever Klare got that info from was wrong.

Also maybe it would be helpful to add the command to change skeys color?  I can't remember what it was exactly, think it was something like sm_skeys_color R B G 

some people just shouldnt be aloud to have internet accesss

Soldier

Very carefully
also in terms of saving the ja_ jm_ and jh_ prefixes should all work as console commands, and chat only requires  /teleport or /save. /t and /s should also work iirc. You might as well add /stoptimer I guess

Offline  Klanana
Rocketman

iT! Servers Owner
Team Spec Extraordinaire
Sorry I got that from the list created by the guy who created the plugin, diddy.

Offline  Wolsk
Rocketeer

i love you
I think the commands for going back to the start (clearing save and not clearing save) should be much more clear.  Something like !start puts you back to the start without clearing the save, and !reset or !restart (either one or maybe both) completely clear your save.  The words "reset" and "restart" seem to confuse a lot of people, and "start" is quite obvious what it would do.

klanana:  I DID NOT EAT THE CAT
dellort: This mod is pretty cool, just wish the devs would fix the bug that allows MIKE to play on it.

Offline  duppy
Fly

Added !stoptimer, !fov, !colorme, and !me ...and also fixed the !reset/!restart descriptions (a moderator or admin edited my post actually, but they didn't fix the console command descriptions).  Also, I keep forgetting to test !undo, but I'll add that if it works too.

Offline  tordana
Rocketeer

I think the commands for going back to the start (clearing save and not clearing save) should be much more clear.  Something like !start puts you back to the start without clearing the save, and !reset or !restart (either one or maybe both) completely clear your save.  The words "reset" and "restart" seem to confuse a lot of people, and "start" is quite obvious what it would do.

I'd agree with this, make it !start and !restart. Simply because making !reset suddenly clear your save would piss a lot of people off.

Soldier

Very carefully
wolsk's suggestion would entail editing parts of JA which isn't happening, this was a topic to list existing commands not suggest new ones lol

Pages: [1] 2
« previous next »

spirit Powered by SMF 2.0 RC5 | SMF © 2006–2011, Simple Machines LLC